Cold symptoms in 2WW

ScorpioLoz

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I have been researching if having a cold is related to a possible BFP. However this topic has 2 sides, that it does, and that it doesn't. So frustrating!!

I am between 3-5 dpo (fertility friend can't make its mind up but I think I'm 5dpo) and everything went ok.

I have had sore nipples for a few days which is about right as this is an indication for me that I ovulated well. But yesterday morning I developed a sore throat. Kind of a raspy feeling where I can still talk but breathing air or swallowing saliva irritates it. I hoped it would go away overnight but it's just as bad, if not worse today and is accompanied with a VERY runny nose, bright green snot when blowing nose (TMI sorry), sneezing and is developing into a one sided congested nostril.

My conclusion is that I am having a cold :-( but... I have been wrapped up warm, not been around sick people and keep my hands incredibly clean(due to my work) as I'm always using hand sanitisers.

Could this be related to a possible pregnancy? What can I...or not take in case i am pregnant? I would usually have sinus relief from Asda (UK) and night nurse.

I had a sore throat at around dpo 4 until after I miss my period. But that was the only cold symptom I had and knew something was off. I tested at 10dpo and got my bfp. Did 5 tests actually and they were all positive. I only started having other symptoms around 9dpo (sore back and sore breasts).

Thanks Hun, did you take anything to alleviate the discomfort or avoided in case pregnant (which you were!) xx

I just use hot water with honey and lemon. I had four colds during my pregnancy, so had lots of those.

Hi there! I don't want to dash your hopes, but I often have cold-like symptoms in the tww. I don't know if it's related to hormones or what, but 4, 5, 6 days after ovulation, I'll wake up with a sore, sick-feeling throat and I'll swear I'm coming down with a cold - then it just disappears.

I have heard that a stuffy nose can be an early sign of pregnancy, though...something about higher estrogen levels causing mucous membranes to swell.

Hi there! I don't want to dash your hopes, but I often have cold-like symptoms in the tww. I don't know if it's related to hormones or what, but 4, 5, 6 days after ovulation, I'll wake up with a sore, sick-feeling throat and I'll swear I'm coming down with a cold - then it just disappears.

I have heard that a stuffy nose can be an early sign of pregnancy, though...something about higher estrogen levels causing mucous membranes to swell.

Yea I had a stuffy nose during my entire pregnancy! :dohh:

Hi girls!

I'm about to (in less than an hour ��) be 4 dpo. And his evening I felt really groggy and have developed a bad sore throat and stuffy nose. Also been get little twinges and a very odd AF like cramp (was out for dinner and actually panicked for a sec thinking I'd come on!) has anyone else had this?? I know it's so early I just feel odd...I'm pretty used to my cycles as have been preparing to ttc for about 6-8 months :)

I'm the exact same as you. Starting to get cramps today with wind creaking about inside me. I feel worse in regards to congestion but sore throat is clearing up. Coughing now though. Not taking meds so have to wait and see.

Like you said, something feels different xx

Trying to wait is so hard. I wish there was a way to find out within a couple of days hehe. I'll keep my fx for you and send sticky baby dust your way..I feel so congested even with loads of Vicks and olbas oil it's just not shifting grr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->