cold turkey

vicwick

Expecting baba #2
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked girls but i've done a search n can't find anything.

I was wondering if i can have a turkey sandwich with the leftover turkey from yesterday??? Do i have to reheat it or can i have it cold? Not sure about the risks of listeria?!

Would appreciate any help, thank Ladies

Personally, I would reheat it to piping hot and then have it cooled down a bit before making the sandwiches. I have tried warm chicken/mayo sandwiches before and it is delicious!

I wouldn't want to risk eating any cold meat at this stage.

EDIT: I might be a bit too cautious! :shrug:

As long as the turkey was put directly into the fridge after being served yesterday and isn't left out for very long before making the sandwiches today you should be fine. The problem with deli meats is that they are sitting out for who knows how long before being served, and also you don't know how clean the blades etc. are that are used to cut them. That's where the listeria risk comes in. With turkey you've cooked yourself and refrigerated properly you should be fine. I plan on having a cold chicken salad sandwich with our leftover chicken today.

Well I hope it's ok cos I had cold turkey sandwiches yesterday and today!!! I let my meat cool a bit then put it straight in the fridge. I didn't even think about it!!!

Well I hope it's ok cos I had cold turkey sandwiches yesterday and today!!! I let my meat cool a bit then put it straight in the fridge. I didn't even think about it!!!

Perhaps, it's just me being a bit too cautious. I didn't think of anything during my first pregnancy, I would eat cold meat without thinking. It was because of my last pregnancy when I had gastric flu which might or might not be connected with what I had eaten earlier that day but it was very unpleasant!!! I just don't want to go through that again....lol!

Anyway, I think kmac is right.

I am trying to put the food warnings into context.

I have never had listeria, or salmonella and as much as I am not taking too many unnecesary risks, I am trying to be rational about things too. XXXX

I am trying to put the food warnings into context.

I have never had listeria, or salmonella and as much as I am not taking too many unnecesary risks, I am trying to be rational about things too. XXXX

I agree hun! I've had a prawn cocktail yesterday and have had cold turkey, ham and beef today at mil's!

I think that common sense and moderation is key! Although if others are being cautious and staying away from certain things then that is fine too - each to their own!

Yes! I agree. You need to be comfortable with what you are eating.

Thanks girls. I heated it up just to be on the safe side. I'm trying my best not to go overboard i drove myself crazy last pregnancy about what i could and couldn't eat. You never know what to do for the best :wacko:

I think as long as you have cooked it yourself, and you know it was refrigerated properly then it is ok... I have eaten some anyway. I have decided to steer clear of all 'packet' meats though, but that is my choice.

My nurse has said it is fine to eat the next day as long as it has come fresh from the fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->