Colds and Coughs, any advice...

jojolabobo

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So I had a stinking cold at the weekend and felt very sorry for myself whilst a sipped my honey and lemon and ate dark chocolate (it has cold curing properties and can also help up your iron which is good when your pregnant:haha:).

I went back to work yesterday but unfortunately my boss must have lava for blood because he was hot all day and kept opening the door so it was basicly like I was sitting outside all day (it was a particularly cold day yesterday), he walks around lots so he gets warmer than the rest of us at our desks. So even though we all had our coats on and kept closing the door he kept opening it again. :)growlmad:anyway I digress just wanted to rant because it really annoyed me when two of us were sick with colds anyway).

Problem is now I can really feel my cold on my chest and its developed into a cough, does anyone know any cures for this, obviously can't take normal medicine and I'm just worried in case it gets worse...how do you shift this kind of thing without Cavornia??? :nope:

Thanks in advance :)

orange juice has helped ease mine, my cold left me in bed for most of 2 days, and had them cough for 2 weeks, but the orange juice helped ease my sore throat from all the coughing.

I went to London this weekend and have come home with a cold and I am not dealing with it well - I have a cough, stuffy/runny nose, wooly head, hot & cold, sore throat and knackered but all I can do is have Honey & Lemon which helps but not for long :dohh:

Any other natural remedies would be great :thumbup:

I will try the dark chocolate one :haha:

Little Steph - Thanks for the tip, I've gone out and brought myself six bottles of orange juice (it was buy 2 get 1 free)

Twag - I love the dark chocolate one, good reason to indulge, hope you feel better soon. I like Honey and Lemon to, does wonders whilst your drinking it but as soon as you stop all your symptoms come back. Hope your feeling better soon! X

When I feel a sore throat starting I gargle with Listerine and that seems to help. Steam can help clear a blocked nose and drinking hot water with honey and lemon can ease a sore throat. Colds are horrid when you're pregnant, hope you feel better soon!

I've always sworn by Buttercup syrup when I've had colds/coughs its ace and according to the NHS website it's not known to cause any harm during pregnancy or breastfeeding :thumbup:

I did try gargling with Salt water but that didn't seem to help me and just made me sick! I will give listerine a go!

OO! I didn't know we could take that! I will definatley be heading out to get some Buttercup syrup. I'm usually such a druggie when I get a cold!

P.s. Yay for being bump buddies :) :happydance:

Hope it works for you, take it in moderation I know how good that stuff tastes :haha: yumm.

Get well soon x

my consultant told me paracetamol every 6 hours, and the only cough mixture to take is simple honey and lemon, also if you're not very well for coming up to around 3 weeks to go and see your GP in case you have an underlying infection, I'm on antibiotics now as I've been poorly for nearly 3 weeks and now have sinusitis :cry: feeling sorry for myself lol. Hope you're well soon

I'm feeling horrendous at the minute, OH gave me his illness last week and at first I just had a cold but now I've got a horrible cough that keeps me up at night and makes me almost throw up coughing!
I went to the doctors and she suggested steam with olbas oil/menthol crystals in, paracetamol, prescribed me some cough medicine that I can take and told me to take my inhaler 6 times a day! I struggle to do the steam thing, not sure why which is really irritating. My mum bought me some menthol crystals because I was trying the steam without them so I'm going to give it a go but I'm not getting my hopes up! I've been drinking so much orange juice and milk too but I don't feel any better for it all, whatsoever!
I don't like dark chocolate either! Feel like everything's against me, any other suggestions would be great! The nurse said this could hang around for another 10 days - I can't cope with it for that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->