Colds

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Is there anything i can do to get rid of my cold its come on sooo bad today my eyes are watery, my noses is constantly trying to run away and i got a massive headache :hissy: and my throat hurts so bad :cry:

Boo... you sound miserable!! You can pretty much take any over-the-counter cold remedy. Feel better before that LO comes!

If you get to the pharmacy they'll be able to sort you out with stuff that not got any ibeprofen in it

My doctor gave me a little booklet of medication we can take when we're preggers.

Benelyn DM is good for colds, and healthy for us to take :)

Good luck!

Boo... you sound miserable!! You can pretty much take any over-the-counter cold remedy. Feel better before that LO comes!

i'd check with pharmacy or nhs direct first as i thought you werent allowed and it was just hot drinks and oranges for vit c. think it says on most packets to seek medical advice first.

are you sure it's def a cold and not hayfever as they also sound like hayfever symptoms, and we are getting into that horid time of year!! ugh. fun, fun!

you can't do much with a cold can you? just take paracetamol type products and drink plenty of fluids to reduce the horrible feelings? either way, i hope you find something and you are feeling better soon!

are you sure it's def a cold and not hayfever as they also sound like hayfever symptoms, and we are getting into that horid time of year!! ugh. fun, fun!

you can't do much with a cold can you? just take paracetamol type products and drink plenty of fluids to reduce the horrible feelings? either way, i hope you find something and you are feeling better soon!

Never ever had hayfever in my life so i dont think its that

I had a horrific cold at christmas, called NHS direct and they said I could only take paracetamol, and to drink loads of hot drinks. The lady I spoke to said most cold remedies you can buy over the counter are actually not ok, (and that they don't work anyway.)

I've got an horrific cold atm too, also had one a few months ago, I never really managed to shake it really, still had the sniffles and now it's back with avengance.

MW told me that the only things I can take are a honey and lemon syrup like buttercup, lockets, tunes etc and if I get the headache paracetamol :(

Hope you feel better soon.

I had a horrible virus thing when I was about 5 months pregnant - I made my own hot lemon and honey drink chopped some lemon and a spoonful of honey with hot water, thats perfectly safe, and so soothing, blow blow blow your nose get rid of all that gunk! plenty of vitamin C oranges and orange juice, and I used the forehead strips for my headaches - also very soothing. I was told lockets and tunes are also safe, and paracetamol. Plenty of rest, plenty of fluids and you will kick it in no time, hope you feel better soon hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->