Coleen Rooney

I really hope this is just a media-generated rumour and not true..... the thought of unnecessarily meddling with nature like that just makes me feel sick :(

i hope so too i wouldnt of thought coleen would do something like that but then again i only know her from watching her on t.v and reading about her.

i agree that surely an induction would be better then a c-section. x

lol, yeah i think they are too posh to push, would be funny to see them in pain eh!! :rofl: I though Coleen would have been different though as shes so down to earth but it obviously suits them to have a c-section so they can have it early. Personally i dont see a problem as his career is massive and if they had a section anyway it would be before her due date, so i dont see it as being selfish, they just want to bond with their child togther for a while before he has to play footie! its not like he plays footie 24/7 so hell obv be with them when he can but prob wants to bond for the 1st couple weeks!

xx

Seems i'm out on my own here! If it is true then I don't see why she shouldn't. Its her baby! This is the lifestyle they have and the world cup qualifiers aren't "just another football game". We all do things that mean we have to adjust to having a baby in our lives and i'm sure they are no different. Life doesn't just stop because you have a baby and I don#t see why people can't deal with that in their own ways :)

Persuasive arguments both ways ladies.

Having just been to a conference where the trauma caused by childbirth to the mother's pelvic floor perineum and possible consequences was discussed in great detail (not the best topic for a mum to be), I can see the attraction of an elective c-section. However, surely this should be at term rather than 2 weeks before?

Ahhh, thank goodness I don't have enough money to be tortured with these decisions.....

Persuasive arguments both ways ladies.

Having just been to a conference where the trauma caused by childbirth to the mother's pelvic floor perineum and possible consequences was discussed in great detail (not the best topic for a mum to be), I can see the attraction of an elective c-section. However, surely this should be at term rather than 2 weeks before?

Ahhh, thank goodness I don't have enough money to be tortured with these decisions.....

That's a good way of thinking about it Duffers!!

OOh can we please not think about the trauma to our perineums just yet please? :shock: :rofl:

arnt c-sec done at 28-29wks any way as baby is full turm at 37wks?

I didnt even know she was pregnant .... lol :lol:

And as for the lifestyle thing .... sorry but my child is far more important than my job, and thats all wayne rooneys job is .. playing football. Id walk away from it like a shot if it were my child. Its only a qualifier ... there are plenty of other more than capable players who could take his place its not like England couldnt survive without him.

that is pathetic!!!!!

see if anyone of us *normal* GIRLS WANTED A C SECTION IT WOULD BE A NO !!!!
I think that is totally wrong as theRE isnt a medical reason, POOR KID

I think tmr1234 means 38-39 weeks, and I think she is right usually an elective c-section is done at 39 weeks (sometimes 38, and sometimes 40 depending on the doctor), so I think this is a case of just making headlines for the papers.

c'mon we live in 2009 now we all do things to suit our lifestyles some more extreme than others,

if the baby was going to born premature then its not fair but she'll be term at 38 weeks and will come straight home,

i've had c section and natural and would choose c section again my son is perfectly healthy and so was my daughter, actually i healed quicker after my c than with vaginal, i dont like to use the word 'natural'.
planned c section or planned induction all the same in my eyes.

that baby will be healthy and will see nothing but love when its born thats all i care about.

xx

I think its wrong that they can have there baby when it suits them....i watched the program with louise rednap where she had a c-section so she knew when she was having him because she had a modeling job 8weeks later and she wanted 2 b back in shape!
surely the babys health is more important than a model job or football match! They wil come when they are ready not when they are dragged out! i do hope its just the media blowning it up coz she seems like a really down to earth, caring girl!

I just want 2 add i dont have a problem with people having c-sections....this just really annoys me because she is having 1 so that wayne can play football! like the baby arriving is inconvenient! (didnt mean 2 offend)

if its true, then its pathetic.. and he's just as bad if he's more concerned about some sodding football matches that the birth of his first child...

The term 'fully cooked' isn't banded around for nothing. Why would you willingly have your baby 2 weeks early?? It's not exactly good for the baby is it?

It's also a massive assumption that all will be well and she will be in the position to choose what delivery she has. Not every woman can. She may find her little one wants to come naturally and earlier than she wanted - tough luck to her if it does and it gets in the way of a football match. She's not even 15 weeks gone if the reported due date is accurate - how can she or her doctors know what state she'll be in months down the line?

i think its pathetic, they should let the baby come when its due not interfere just for a football match. i know many men who have missed out on the birth and first few months of their babies life as they had to go to Iraq or Afghan. These are the people if any who should have the option of doing this.

Soooooooooo true! I agree totally x x x

I don't see how people can be so judgemental, its the life they choose to lead and it so happens to earn them alot of money! I don't know any mum and dad who wouldn't want to do what they could to have both parents at birth and I don't believe for 1 second that this will make them bad parents, i'm sure if their consultant thought there was going to be a problem, they would be the first to not go ahead with it! Yes, I know many forces personnel don't see the birth of their LOs however, this is the life they choose! They know when they sign up that there will always be a chance that they will be out on duty somewhere, they also often miss christmas's and birthdays but does that make us that don't miss these events worse because its what we choose - of course not.
Scientifically full term is classed as 37 weeks so 38 weeks is hardly causing problems! There are many many people who do have the money to pay for elective C sections who are not famous and do not have footballer husbands, do you feel the same about them doing it? The thread in Pregnacy Club shows that there are even more who would elect to have a c setion if they could.
I don't judge those who say, spend 8x as much as us on a pram, or spend 3x as much on a cot as we have spent on our whole nursery, its their money and they are doing no one any harm :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->