colic and weaning

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Tom's colic is back now BIG TIME! 6-7:30 every night he wails like someone is torturing him, then he falls asleep, farts like crazy in his sleep and wakes up starving.

I have tried a process of elimination with his food and nothing in particular is causing it - so it must be good old colic again - or i thought maybe it is the air in the food from blending?? shall i go back on the colic remedies?

The other thing is - it could be his bowles damaged by spina bifida not coping with more solid poos so I want to know if anyone has this before i blame his sb.

We have an app with urology next week where they will do an assessment on his bowles.

Does lil man have gripe water still?
Oh and what types of food is he on now?

he isnt allowed gripe water as he is on antibiotics.

He has porridge and banana/apple/pear for brekkie, carrots & suede for lunch and rice with apple for dinner. - oh and blended raisons in any of the fruit

Next week we are going to try avacado, parsnip, prune.

Ruby is the same night times and farts like mad too. She hardly ever brings any wind up now either oh and i havent weaned her yet so not sure if that would be making a difference to Tommy or not. Hope he gets better soon tho hunny xx

Try not feeding banana. I know every baby is different, but after two days of getting banana, my LO was back to needing his colics medicine after not having it for a month and I was up a couple of times during the night trying to help him fart so that he would be more comfortable (he normally sleeps through).

it started before the bananas - but i changed his milk, cut out the veges and gavehim gripe water and he was fine yesturday.....hmmmmmmmmm not sure which did the trick.

Max gets gassy too sometimes but with him its the rasberries lol so I know if there is some he gets the colic meds well not really meds as there all natural

Tegan's bad at night too. I'm not sure if its caused by the SB but obv. they may have trouble pooing.. I know Tegan does. Hopefully they'll start him on lactulose next week (but the dose they give you may not work, we tried 2.5mls 2xdaily and it didn't work so they told us to take it up to 5mls 2xdaily which is partially working) also, try the prune juice because I've heard that works, makes the poo softer for them to pass seeing as they can't really push it out themselves if they've got damaged nerves. Also, have a look at this and see if there are any recipes which are you ok to give Tom? maybe ask your HV or something? I've no idea who we're going to ask when the time comes because Tegan's bad enough without the solids lol.. I'll ask at SB clinic on Tuesday and let you know what they tell us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->