Colic at 6months?!?

Pedders Girl

Reaction score
My LO has had bad trapped wind since he was born, and every night he will wake up in pain with trapped wind (some nights he just moans a little and other nights hes never been so upset), he can push out some massive trumps that a grown man could do!!

He has been on solid food since just after 4 months and has 3 meals a day, but his wind doesnt seem to be getting any better.

I thought babies grow out of colic by 3months and there are no signs of this getting better. We have tried all the colic treatments you can buy and he still has gripe water in his bedtime bottle.

I've booked a doctors appointment tomorrow - ive been a few times about this and just always get told the same thing. I feel like im trying everything i can but it just doesnt seem right that a baby has such bad bottom wind. The doctors always send me away with 'colic very normal'. :nope:

Just wanted to see if anyone had any answers that might help.

Its really getting me down because i can see thats what wakes him up most of all in the nignt and i cant help him prevent it. :cry::cry::cry:

My daughter is the exact same - Age, solids 3 times a day, the whole situation is just like ours. We've found that if we sit her on our knees facing frontwards, wrap our arms around her, and letting her lean forward over them gets all the wind out and relieves her of all her pains.

My daughter is the exact same - Age, solids 3 times a day, the whole situation is just like ours. We've found that if we sit her on our knees facing frontwards, wrap our arms around her, and letting her lean forward over them gets all the wind out and relieves her of all her pains.

Does it effect her sleep?

Ive found a few tummy massage's that help the wind out too - i will give the knee trick a go thank you!

Have you seen a doctor about it?

It's bedtime when she gets it worst and it used to effect her getting to sleep. I only spoke to health visitor and she recommended colic granules but they didn't help so we used infacol but she came off that at about 4 months and we haven't used anything since as the leaning her forwards seems to really help. Also having a suck on something, like a dummy, or a drink of water out her bottle seems to help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->