Colic baby and not feeding

weebubbles

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi my son has colic and normally takes 700ml in a day but today he has only taken 500ml. Should I be worried about this? According to my HV he should take 25 fl oz a day and today he has had 17 fl oz so quite a drop.
I have fed on demand but now wondering if I should wake him up every three hours?
Any advic would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi..
my little Mylo has suffered with Colic in this last week also. I noticed the last few days his intake has dropped too. I am not particularly worried tho, I just put it down to his digestive system taking it easy due to all the cramping. Ask your HV.. but as long as he is still putting on weight I wouldnt worry that much. x

Hi my son has colic and normally takes 700ml in a day but today he has only taken 500ml. Should I be worried about this? According to my HV he should take 25 fl oz a day and today he has had 17 fl oz so quite a drop.
I have fed on demand but now wondering if I should wake him up every three hours?
Any advic would be gratefully appreciated.

I would start offering a feed every 3 hours even if that means waking him up. Ruby doesn't have colic, but when she gets over-hungry she gets so upset that she won't feed properly, it's a vicious circle. I stopped 'demand feeding' at about 3 weeks and found Ruby to be so much more settled and slept for much longer stretches at night.

hugs hun id say to make sure you get him weighed regular xxx

Jacob had colic, And i found some days he would drop dramitically but as long as he's gaining weight and happy in himself (bar the colic obviously!) then he is fine. Some babies go through periods of eating LOADS then not. You'll find it like this all the way up. Some days jacob will not eat much and you cant force feed them if there not hungry they wont eat!

XxxX

i would feed every three hours, alex dosent feed anywhere near the recommended but put on 12oz last week , he is 4 1/2 months and has 3-6 oz bottles , so as long as your LO is putting on weight i wouldnt worry to much.

i found with alex if you feed him then wait 20 mins or so then try again he will take more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->