Colic - comfort milk - teat size? :/

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
The health visitor has diagnosed Thomas as having colic. She asvised me to try him on infacol and to change his milk over to comfort milk (cow & gate). I was reluctant to change milk incase it upset the baby's stomach or disrupted his routine but the HV insisted that Thomas wouldn't notice the difference. I tried the infacol and it helped for about a week so I decided to change his milk on Sunday. He has gone from having 120-150ml every 4ish hours to having 60-90ml every 2 hours. I think because the comfort milk is thicker that he is having to work harder to suck the milk through the teat so he is giving up. I started him off on gripe water yesterday but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. He isn't bringing any wind up either, just the odd burp here and there.

He is on the tommee tippee closer to nature size 1 teats and I was wandering if changing to stage 2 teats would help and make a difference? It says not to use them until 3 months though and Thomas is only 6 weeks old. I just don't want to do anything wrong and make things worse.

Thicker formulas usually need the next size up teat. Our LO went onto AR formula for reflux by 6 weeks and we had to use the next up teats so he could drink it. If they are struggling to drink it, they are going to be consuming more air. I'd try changing the teat to level 2.:thumbup:

Thicker formulas usually need the next size up teat. Our LO went onto AR formula for reflux by 6 weeks and we had to use the next up teats so he could drink it. If they are struggling to drink it, they are going to be consuming more air. I'd try changing the teat to level 2.:thumbup:

Thank you :) think I'm going to go and get the next size up teats today. It's just with them saying 3m+ on the packet that put me off getting them. Just waiting for the HV to call me back but could be waiting all day so I'm going to go and get them anyway x

Most thicker formulas recommend going up to a medium-fast flow teat. Hope it goes well :thumbup:

We put his teats up to stage 2 and they are working brilliantly :) he is drinking his bottle with no problems now. that comfort milk doesn't half give him bad wind though lol!

We tried absolutely everything when my daughter had colic - infacol, gripe water, colief, colicynth granules, tummy tub, baby massage, dr brown bottles, you name it! In the end the only thing that gave her relief was the Tommee Tippee anti colic bottles with teat size 1 and most importantly Dentinox colic drops in every bottle. She was like a different baby after only one dose . Highly recommended x

We tried absolutely everything when my daughter had colic - infacol, gripe water, colief, colicynth granules, tummy tub, baby massage, dr brown bottles, you name it! In the end the only thing that gave her relief was the Tommee Tippee anti colic bottles with teat size 1 and most importantly Dentinox colic drops in every bottle. She was like a different baby after only one dose . Highly recommended x

I've tried infacol and gripe water and gone back to infacol today. He seems to be okay all day and then has a good cry for a hour or two at around half 5ish. He is struggling to bring wind up too but I don't know if thats down to the new milk? Will give the dentinox drops a try :) thank you! X

I've tried infacol and gripe water and gone back to infacol today. He seems to be okay all day and then has a good cry for a hour or two at around half 5ish. He is struggling to bring wind up too but I don't know if thats down to the new milk? Will give the dentinox drops a try :) thank you! X
Early evening was always the worst time for my daughters colic too. Tears till about 8pm. It was torture! Good luck with the dentinox, I hope you have success with it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->