Colic knowledge and tips hreatly needed

Heather.78

Reaction score
right ladies so my little one has colic being new parent we had no idea why after her 11 o/c ish feed she wouldnt settle and would scream and cry for hours until her next feed then be fine so I called my health vistor and she confirmed it to me its bloody colic which Im almost relieved that its colic and nothing really bad like illness or something, but what we really need is any tips of advise from you guys that may help us sooth her(if it can be done) we've got to get some infocol which has been recommended by the health vistor

thanks guys luv a very tired heaths:hugs:

Snap heather.... exactly the same prob between 10pm n 3am... tried infacol, now on dentinox which seems to help a little but she is still full of wind n hiccups xxxx lets wait for the tips to come rolling in x

My son is now 10 weeks old and has had colic for the past 3-4 weeks,luckily for us he crys early evening and not in the middle of the night. You can literally set your watch by it and it stops as quickly as its starts. Weve tried different bottles, milks and colic relief formulas but none have made any difference. The only thing I can suggest it wrapping securly in a blanket and just walking! My middle daughter had this too so thankfully i know theres an end in sight but it can be very distressing! I try to cuddle for 15 mins then either put him down or have dad hold him so i can have a drink go to toilet etc as the screaming can get a bit much and i think its important to have a break. good luck and remember they do eventually grow out of it!:hug:

I found that putting max on his tummy over my knees and tapping his bum helped allot ..
Also another trick is to hold them like the picture below , its also called the Anti-colic hold and some gripe water

those are what worked with me ..some of the other ladies will most likely have more tips for you !

Attachments

• Picture 111.jpg
    Picture 111.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 7
my baby has been terrible with colic still has it a bit now at 5 months, i tryed infacol and dentinox but both didnt do much for him ive heard colief is brill but expensive but its suppose to be worth every penny, i use gripe water now hes older which helps alot other than that try different ways of winding try putting on your lap on her front and rubbing or patting her back and sitting her on your lap and move her in circular movements also if shes in pain you can lif her legs up or push them towards her belly usually gets wind out and winding in between feeds not just after if your not allready will help. Hope this helps for you i know how hard it is with the constant crying xxxx

oh and do you have a bouncer or swing ? i found this helped soothe him aswell or rocking and bouncing a little tends to help charlie xxx

I used Colief drops for Jess and changed to Mam bottles and it seemed to ease it, not cure it but eased it. Colief drops are £9.99 for a small bottle which lasted me about 5 days so i brought a few then realised I could get them on perscription from the docs. I know how distressing it is to hear your bubba so upset. I hope you find some comfort for your little ones soon ladies xXx

dr browns bottles here did the trick

Brooklynn was horrid with colic.

Tips I used were swaddling her tightly, gave her infacol about 10 minutes before the last feed, a dropper and a bit, feed her (not so much of a tip) and then "shhhh" really loudly in her ear while holding her tightly. The "shushhhing" is what your blood travelling in your veins sounds like to them when they are in the womb so it is comforting.

To avoid it happening in the middle of the night feed we would make a point of not waking her anymore than we needed to. So she would wake up, get fed back to sleep and then be put down. We didn't turn on anymore lights than we needed, none in the bedroom, we turned the hall one on and just opened the door a bit till we could see. As well (it was hard to get used to) we didn't change her in the middle of the night. I would change her before the last feed and put a ton of diaper creame on.

These few thinngs changed was like night and day. I still swaddle her at night and don't change her because it has worked and kept working so far.

Courtney has bad colic.... and when she wants to cry there is nothing I can do to pacify her!! Just kinda have to let it pass!!

Ive changed her formula and now use gripe water and havent had a bad episode since sunday :yipee:

We use Dr Brown's bottles and found that the tummy tub worked a treat.

https://www.tummytub.co.uk/benefits.html

Wear him regularly in a sling.
Cosleep with him at night to develop sense of security for him.
Swaddle him.
Colief to help with wind.
Breastfeed (less likely to get colic)

Good luck!

Thanks guys well soz havent been on for a few days trying to get sleep when I can(between feeding crying expressing milk etc) got my infocol started it yesterday hopefully might work I have tried swaddling and it seems to comfort her abit, she hasnt had a poo since yesterday afternoon talked it over with the health visitor and she said it was normal although I havent had a day without some poo?? sil came over didnt want to believe it was colic and said maybe its a tummy virus, yeah cheers why cant she believe its bloody colic!!!! anyways thank you for the tips I will be trying most of them shes quiet at the moment but come 10 o/c shell be off bless better get my shower now. take care guys and thank you so much for the advise:hugs:

Thanks guys well soz havent been on for a few days trying to get sleep when I can(between feeding crying expressing milk etc) got my infocol started it yesterday hopefully might work I have tried swaddling and it seems to comfort her abit, she hasnt had a poo since yesterday afternoon talked it over with the health visitor and she said it was normal although I havent had a day without some poo?? sil came over didnt want to believe it was colic and said maybe its a tummy virus, yeah cheers why cant she believe its bloody colic!!!! anyways thank you for the tips I will be trying most of them shes quiet at the moment but come 10 o/c shell be off bless better get my shower now. take care guys and thank you so much for the advise:hugs:

hope she gets better soon, the infacol usually takes about 5 days to start showing an effect my dr told me so hopefully shel be a bit better soon xxx

My MW told me that 'colic' is just a babies way of adjusting to the outside world, as they have been so used to being in a warm snug environment on the womb for so long, it is a shock to their systems when they come out, & so have to gradually adjust. Tips she gave me were to swaddle so baby feels secure, shhhh noises or white noise to mimic the noise of blood flow whilst in the womb & swinging/ rocking. She told me that no amount of colic medicine will work & not to waste my money :rofl: How much of this is true I will never know, but I swore by the swaddling for about 3 months until he started to dislike having his arm movement restricted in his sleep, & as a result started waking & having restless nights again:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->