Colic

Cat

Reaction score
At what sort of age does this start/stop with babies?

Dylan has been so grizzly at the moment, in particular in the evenings and pulls his legs up to his chest and farts quite a lot, he has always been quite sicky with his feeds so Im guessing colic? Noah never had this so its not something I have any experience with. At the moment baby wearing seems to be the only thing that settles him, and even when he is asleep he wakes with a cry all the time as he seems in distress.

What colic remedies are their in terms of gripe water and stuff and do any of them actualy work, do I just stick a little in each bottle to help him digest his feed?

i was lucky with both mine as they never suffered from colic what my cousin did was give her little one a little of colic drops before a feed in the middle of a feed stop and wind him then give him a little bit more and leave him have the rest the of the feed then wind again you could place him on his back accross your knees and rub his belly gently, lay him on his back and with his legs do slow cycling like movements with his legs or give him cooled boiled water that can help too

i hope they help spunky xxx

dont use gripe water til they are 4 weeks hun but if I was you I would try Coilef is a pain as you have to put in 20 mins before each feed but it works!

If not then Infacol is good too and can be given as and when you feed

good luck
bex

Thanks ladies,
I have started trying him on infacol today as its suitable from birth, having done some research I think its just trapped wind, he is always farting and its not like he cries continuously, its more like cried of pain and arching his back etc as and when he is in pain. he has always been a bit sicky so I think its just an immature gut. I may also try him on cow & gate comfort, as its designed for babies with sensitive tums.

Might also look at getting a baby swing, as I heard this was ment to be good, plus it will save me having to pace up and down the lounge with him in a sling.

awww

I got melie the swing chair from Mamas and Papas it has a light show too,it is excellent for settling them i went through Boots.com and got my points plus free delivery and a code giving 1500 points so whole thing worked out £65 instead of £85 well worth it hun.

I have found cycling Melies legs quite vigouresly (sp?) works wonders makes her do a big poo and brings all her wind up i only learnt o do this a couple of weeks ago and was so sceptical but now I can see how it works.

Good luck no fun is it,poor little man.
Bex.x

I have found my savior!!!!
Started using Infacol a couple of days ago and last night he hardly cried at all, was really good, and again today a combo of that and his bouncy chair he has been really good, slept a lot and even when awake he has just gazed about. :)

Hopefull this isnt just a one off. Its nice to have peace in the house and actually be able to go on my laptop!

I gave maddie infacol and too found this to be a life saver!!

In a few weeks time use gripe water to ... swap them about each feed, keeps the colic at bay and there bodys not to used to same product

xxx

Wow great news .. glad to hear that he is feeling better now ... hope the colic stays away!

Hi Cat, sorry LO is so poorly with this....but it usually starts around 3-4 weeks and goes on til around 4 months if they suffer with it continually....hope the suggested remedies help! My sister's little boy had it so they bought Dr Brown bottles and swear by them...they are not cheap but are worth it apparently! Good luck hun! :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->