Colic?

xBabyGoose

Reaction score
Me and my OH are FT parents to 1 week old LO, so this is all new to us. For the past few nights she has had the hardest time settling in and sleeping at night, and she is also displaying all the classic signs of colic.

We have tried winding her (excessively!) and it just all seems like its stuck down there. Can we give a newborn gripe water/infacol at just a week old? Can anyone reccomend which stuff to give her?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

im avoiding colic drops with my baby. i read online that if after 5 mins baby doesnt have a burp or a tummy gurgle, then stop winding, lay baby down and wait then try again over the shoulder.

moving babys legs like riding a bike and siting baby up then laying down (bit like a sit up) helps too.

We seem to have tried everything, sometimes she doesnt seem like she needs it but when we put her down she just seems so uncomfortable with it, I feel pretty helpless :'(

We got told that can use infacol (didnt work for us though as not colic). LO loved it and so did the dog when he got a sneaky lick off my finger :D Gripe water can only be given from 1 month old apparantly but I believe some doctors tell to give earlier.

xx

We've used Infacol, LO loves it and you can get it on prescription :thumbup: We've been trying Dentinox this week and she doesnt like it very much, it tastes nasty and mediciny instead of nice and orangy!

I always try lying her flat on the floor or her change mat if no wind comes up, then i stick her on my shoulder and that usually works x

We used dentinox and it helped! My LO is 2 weeks today and sleeping from 10.30pm until 5am :) but..... We have a couple of screeming hours from about 6pm every night

Our LO is very windy! We tried infacol from about 1 week, then Dentiox and gripe water and none seemed to work. We had some success with trying various winding positions and cycling her legs but she was still struggling with trapped wind. We are now trying Colief and I think it seems to be helping, she has slept through the 3 nights we have used it :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies :flower:
were gunna try with the infacol tonite I think i really hope it relieves it for her!
didnt know u could only give gripe water from 1 month im glad i looked into it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->