Colief drops - how do you use them?

i_am_amy

New mum to Abigail.
Reaction score
The drops I'm using have to be put in the bottle and left for 30 mins before feeding to LO, just wondering how everyone times this? I wouldn't want to wait til Abby is screaming to be fed then have to wait 30 minutes but she isn't feeding regularly enough to plan ahead and make them 30 mins in advance. Do you just offer a bottle every 4 hours or how are you doing it? :dohh:

Thanks for any advice :) xxx

U can put in 2 drops and after 4 hours in the fridge it works, so we do this and it lasts 12hours. So when we make up the bottles in the am, we put in the 2 drops to each bottle, making sure that the bottles will be used in a 12 hour period. Does that make any sense at all?? lol

we work out when her next feed will be and half hour before warm the milk and then put in 4 drops and put the bottle in a thermal bottle holder thingy.
Half an hour later she has the bottle.
Sometimes if she is going mad we only do 20 mins, we have found that any less then 20 mins and we are up all night or day winding her for hours.

If she wakes up early and needs feeding we try pacify her for that 20 mins by letting her suck ou finger or thumb! seems to keep her occupied while the colief is cooking! lol

xxxxxxx

U can put in 2 drops and after 4 hours in the fridge it works, so we do this and it lasts 12hours. So when we make up the bottles in the am, we put in the 2 drops to each bottle, making sure that the bottles will be used in a 12 hour period. Does that make any sense at all?? lol

Lol kinda makes sense. Can u give me a step by step? Colief for dummies!! Haha. Thanks. X

Here you go hun, step by step guide from colief's website x

Breast Feeding:
* Try expressing a few tablespoons of breast milk into a small sterilised container
* Add 4 drops of Colief® Infant Drops
* Give this to your baby on a sterilised plastic teaspoon
* Continue breastfeeding as normal

Using Colief® with Infant Formula:
* Make-up your baby's feed carefully according to the manufacturer's instructions
* Add 4 drops of Colief® Infant Drops to formula that is warm, not hot
* Shake the feed occasionally, and feed the baby after half an hour having checked that the bottle is at the correct temperature
*Discard any unused feed

If you need to make-up your baby's feed in advance:
* Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully
* Add 2 drops of Colief® Infant Drops to warm milk and store in the refrigerator for 4 hours
Warm to feeding temperature

Using Ready-to-Feed Formula:
*Warm the feed and add 4 drops of Colief® Infant Drops
*Wait for half an hour, shaking occasionally, before feeding the baby
*Discard any unused feed

If you need to make-up your baby's feed in advance:
* Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully
* Add 2 drops of Colief® Infant Drops to warm milk and store in the refrigerator for 4 hours
Warm to feeding temperature

So we do it like this- I make up the formula, and quickly cool (so its warm not hot), put in two drops and then put in fridge. My LO now feeds every 4 hours, so i usually put it in 2-3 bottles, as u have to use that bottle with colief in after 12 hours. If your LO is not that exact u could always have 2 bottles in the fridge with it in, and keep adding some to bottles after u have used them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"