• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Colief

malotkins

Reaction score
I started my LO on Colief last night as he has been suffering quite badly with trapped wind. We had been using Dentinox for the last 4 weeks but a friend recommended Colief. Almost immediately his farts and poo started to smell horrible. He had two poos last night and has been farting like a trooper all day and the smell has been grim. I have just changed his nappy and nothing could have prepared me for it! It was full of very runny, but not watery, poo which had leaked out and through his vest to his sleepsuit. It was very worrying as it was completly unexpected but he seems happy enough, probably relieved! In 6 weeks this was by far the worst nappy I had ever seen or smelt. Can I ask users of Colief if this is normal? Should we reduce the drops from 4 or should I just stop using it as it obviosuly doesn't agree with him. Thanks, I'm off now to burn his soiled clothes!

Hannah

Mmm... I used colief for quite a while when my lo was younger - it really seemed to help. I got it free on prescription btw. I don't remember it changing the look, consistency or smell of his nappies though. It could be a coincidence or it could be the colief. I guess you could continue (you said he seems happy enough) and see if it settles. Or stop, and do the same.

Sorry not much help.

x

If he was full of trapped wind maybe the colief is clearing the rotten backed up stuff out. Colief really helped my LO along with swapping to aptamil and Dr Brown's bottles. I'd keep going and see if it improves. Might just be a clear out. X

i've read its supposed to make poos runnier due to the fact it breaks down the lactose in the milk into sugars and it passes through baby easier - similar to comfort milks :flower:

Thanks for the replies. We continued to use it for a couple of days but have now stopped. He seems much better although still farting up a storm!

Hi there. having used colief with harry for several weeks now i can confirm that those explosive runny nappies are perfectly normal! Although its annoying, it usually only happens once a day or once every other day and I feel it is a small price to pay as the colief has solved the colic.

Yup, pretty normal! It says on the packaging that it might make the poo different (obviously worded better :lol:). My lo had been on it for weeks, and had very bad nappies but that was a small price to pay for the relief it gave him (though the actual price is quite steep! :lol:). He's now off the colief and his nappies are considerably better.

I found Dentinox to be very much worse than colief. Had to take him off it as he was pooing at least 3 times a day on it.

Yup, pretty normal! It says on the packaging that it might make the poo different (obviously worded better :lol:). My lo had been on it for weeks, and had very bad nappies but that was a small price to pay for the relief it gave him (though the actual price is quite steep! :lol:). He's now off the colief and his nappies are considerably better.

I found Dentinox to be very much worse than colief. Had to take him off it as he was pooing at least 3 times a day on it.

I had the same and had to stop it too. Have you tried comfort milk that may help or even the cartons of ready milk as the milk is easier digested and still with reduced lactose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"