Colleague poking nose in and lecturing me - argh!

sherlock

Reaction score
I am getting so annoyed with unwanted, unnecessary (and wrong) 'advice'!

I got to work this morning and wandered into the kitchen to get my cereal… A colleague was in there and said to me 'What milk are you drinking at the moment?' We have 4 kinds of milk here - full fat (yellow), half fat (green), 1% fat (blue) and skimmed (orange).

I thought it was a bit of an odd question to be asking, but answered 'blue' (it's what I've always drunk - not for diet reasons, I just like the taste of it - don't like the green one - and the blue one is still creamy, it's not all watery like the orange).

Big mistake. That started her off on a 5 minute lecture about how I shouldn't be drinking blue at all, especially not when I'm pregnant, as it has nothing in it (apparently I may as well be drinking water) and calcium is soooo important and the effects of not having enough of it when pregnant won't become apparent until much later, and people these days are too worried about diet and don't eat enough dairy products, I should be having green or, even better, yellow blah blah blah. :dohh:

Anyway, while she was still ranting I calmly poured my BLUE milk over my cereal and walked away. :blush: Then she shouted at me across the office that I should have porridge for breakfast because that's good for calcium. :growlmad:

Now I suspected that what she was saying was a load of tosh, but wasn't sure and couldn't be bothered to take her on so said nothing.

But I just used my best friend Google and it turns out that 'The nutritional differences between semi-skimmed and 1% fat milk are small and dependent mainly on the difference in fat content. 1% fat milk contains 40% less total and saturated fat than standard semi-skimmed milk. In addition, it has a lower energy content than semi-skimmed, and slightly lower levels of vitamins A and E, but has a higher calcium content.' :thumbup:

I'm just debating how to drop it into conversation - hell, maybe I'll shout it across the office to her. :haha:

And the most ironic thing about all this? She's lecturing me about diet when she is a hardcore smoker, has the full on smoker's hacking cough and a voice that sounds like nails rasping down a blackboard! :wacko:

hahaha, definately go for it and shout down the office to her! Silly mare! xx

Ha ha go girl. Maybe send her an internal e-mail of the website page. :)

Email her the link and put the subject header as "cock off!"
silly interfering bint!

Tell her to grow her own baby if she's that interested. Otherwise she should mind her own business

i only like blue milk too :p the others ones taste watered down and disgusting.
i would have thought blue milk would have more of everything as its full fat so got everything in it lol
im still gunna drink it :p

i would say put it in a email,i'll see it in my inbox then move it into my trash then thats what i think of your 2p's worth!

lol some people really dont no the line between sharing helpful advice and poking their rude noses in and giving a lecture. my aunt did something simlar the other week and i just politley replyed thanks for the advice but i think ill still be doing it my way lol.didnt get a reply

lol some people just cant help themselves, perhaps u should letcher her back about her smoking hehe !!

What a stupid cow! Lol I don't think it makes any difference about what u do or don't eat, I ate absolute crap my entire last pregnancy and the same in this one, my daughters fine!! Plus babys take what they need off you so they are never going without! Xxx

Don't you just hate know it alls! I was going to say when I started reading your post that the only main difference between all those milks was fat content, nothing to do with calcium!
Ah well, I'd casually yell it across the room if I were you!
I've had so many people at work telling me what I can/can't do, what should/shouldn't do and what i will/won't be able to cope with. I nod and go along with it all but don't really take a blind bit of notice! At the end of the day I will take advice from those who know me best (mainly my mum!) as they understand how I deal with things and know how it was for them. But really everyone's different and you've just got to go with what's right for you and baby not what did/didn't work for someone else!

I'd tell her to f**k off and get a life..

I am severely lactose intolerant so I can't drink milk, cream eat cheese etc...I have to get my calcium through things like watercress, eggs, apricots...

My LO is perfectly fine ... she's a tw*t...and a nosey one at that!
xxxxxxxxxxx

What an intrusive little madam, just ignore her - I've had 'advice' from lots of ppl and found that most that really bug me and are self righteous about what i should or should not do are ill-informed and seeking a bit of attention - eat this, don't eat that types.
As much as I want my LO here now, I'm getting tired of ppl telling me to have a curry - honestly...I just don't buy into all that and it's getting boring.

I can't get over how many ppl will believe myths with no science behind them.

When it gets really bad and someone is actually upsetting you it's worth telling them enough is enough and that it's not ok anymore.
Unfortunately I've had to do that recently. But it felt soooo good to say it - quite empowering.
I look on it at training for when LO is born. I suspect lots of ppl will try and tell us what is best for her and I won't be listening.

The good stuff comes from my friends who have recently had babies - they help in just the right way x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->