Collecting Baby Stuff - Dilemma!!

jennybobenny

SMBC TTC#1 by Donor Sperm
Reaction score
Anyone collecting baby things already? Being a single mom, I've already got a lot of help, or promise of help from friends and colleagues. My best friend gave me her crib and change table for free! Everyone at work is telling me about how much stuff they've got in their basements from their LO's. I had a xmas party for the ladies at work and they saw my crib. Those I hadn't told of my plans yet obviously quickly found out that night (I don't mind - my life's an open book).

Here's my dilemma... one of the ladies got really excited about giving me bedding for the crib. She has a son. The bedding sounds really nice (for her) but it's really not my style at all. It's got Noah's Ark characters on it. For me, I am not attracted to anything that has to do with characters of any type. I've always been against any style that screams baby. If I have a girl, I want flowers. If I have a boy, I want something like trees and kites and stuff like that. I've just never ever been into cartoons and such. I feel like I can't say no to this woman, because I am single and shouldn't bite the hand that feeds me, but on the other hand... my god... what if I have a girl and I've got this Noah's Ark bedding that's not even girlie at all???

Not sure what to do! :shrug:

I've got some baby bits in my loft that's been given to me by my sister so I don't see anything wrong with it.

I would just take the bedding doesn't mean u have to use it

Hope this helps xx

I have stuff that will be coming my way (i hope) from my sisters! I really want to start a bottom drawer now of baby things but I don't think my OH will let me and also do not want to tempt fate! But I don't see anything wrong with it!

I agree I would take it to be polite but you don't have to use it!

I'd just take it. You can use it as a spare, for example if your baby is sick all over your own then u can pop a spare on quickly. x

I'd suggest either taking the bedding but not using it or politely saying the your friend that bedding is one of the things you were going to buy new for you LO.

I'd also politely say you wanted to buy new bedding. I highly doubt it'd hurt her feelings. :flower:

Ive got one or two things, i have a pushchair which i refuse to sell on cus its gorgeous lol i would take it and the baby if it was a girl would never never it so does it really matter about the style? x

Thanks ladies! My colleague did seem really excited to share her son's bedding with me so it was impossible at the time to say no and now I'm stuck and still not able to say no. I like MissBroodyPant's idea of having it as a spare. Oddsocks - I guess the style matters to me because, I'm still saving for a house (which hopefully I'll be ready to buy in a couple of years) and so in the meantime, my baby and I will be living in my 1 bedroom apartment. I am giving up the dream of having a traditional family and now am giving up the dream of decorating the baby's room too. The bedding for the crib will be pretty much the only way I can decorate for my baby. It's important.

I just hate hurting people's feelings and she was so excited, I think it will mean a lot for her to share her baby's bedding with me. *sigh*

Take it. You don't have to use it. If she ever comes over and asks about it, just say it is in the wash.

Thanks ladies! My colleague did seem really excited to share her son's bedding with me so it was impossible at the time to say no and now I'm stuck and still not able to say no. I like MissBroodyPant's idea of having it as a spare. Oddsocks - I guess the style matters to me because, I'm still saving for a house (which hopefully I'll be ready to buy in a couple of years) and so in the meantime, my baby and I will be living in my 1 bedroom apartment. I am giving up the dream of having a traditional family and now am giving up the dream of decorating the baby's room too. The bedding for the crib will be pretty much the only way I can decorate for my baby. It's important.

I just hate hurting people's feelings and she was so excited, I think it will mean a lot for her to share her baby's bedding with me. *sigh*

Aww well then yes u should have it the way u want it :) As someone else said take it but dont use it :D:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->