colostrum-when?

With my first one my boobs didn't leak until 3 days after having her but with each pregnancy it has gotten sooner. This time I leaked straight away but stopped after about 8 weeks and now nothing. Don't worry about it. A mums body is an amazing thing and your milk will be there in time hun xxx

Honey, I turn 37 weeks in 2 days and I still don't have any!! It will come when ou body is good and ready. Don't wish it on yourself too soon - you'll have enough of it to last a lifetime once you've had LO!!!

I started a few weeks back but started properly on Monday

HAPPY HAPPY DAYS

I started to leak at 16 weeks and its terrible now im wearing breast pads all the time and bubba is still 9 weeks away !!! :dohh:

Im 31 weeks and havent leaked anything yet, but my boobs are really sore so im too scared to squeeze them

I've never had this in 3 pregnancies. I didn't leak until after baby had arrived.

As for squeezing to get some out - you've gotta be kidding! My nipples are soooooo sore and have been since week 5, that no-ones going anywhere near them!!!!!! :rofl:

Im not leaking anything but i did have a go on a breastpump my sister gave me, i just wanted to feel what it felt like, i had no idea about the leaking thing before that but i absolutely shat myself when i managed to extract some liquid! since then nothing has happened thankfully!

I have had none!!! Personally grateful as it saves sheets and clothes. No need to worry, your milk will come through when baby arrives, anything before then is just a pain!

I'm leaking but I think it's because it's baby number 2. I'll admit- I squeezed a little in the first tri to see if anything happened and it hasnt stopped since. Whoops.

Well my OH is always squeezing my booooooobies so don't think my colostrum is anywhere near ready otherwise it wud shoot out, bless him think he's deffo making the most of me having big gazongas as i've drilled it into him that they won't stay like that after pregnancy. lol xx

Reading this thread has made my nipples tingle :rofl:

It's also reminded me that I had my first breast-feeding dream last night :happydance:

And no, I haven't had any leaks yet and hope I don't get any until much nearer the time!!

I haven't had any yet either, and I'm in the same boat as Katie... DH would def have got squirted by now if there was sth in there!! :rofl:

I hope mine don't leak before birth, the thought of having to wear a bra all day when home relaxing lol ewww!

Im dreading being in a romantic 'moment' and getting a 'taste'. Not sure how i'll react.

Im dreading being in a romantic 'moment' and getting a 'taste'. Not sure how i'll react.

LOL!

Yesterday I had to steer hubby away from my boobs because they are sooooo hyper-sensitive now. But it did prompt a conversation about whether he would want to taste it when it comes!! :rofl: (he said yes, but I said from the bottle, not the boob - that would be weird!)

LOL!

Yesterday I had to steer hubby away from my boobs because they are sooooo hyper-sensitive now. But it did prompt a conversation about whether he would want to taste it when it comes!! :rofl: (he said yes, but I said from the bottle, not the boob - that would be weird!)

:rofl: "Bitttttyyyyy"

What if your milk doesnt come in untill the baby is born tho? or a few days later? does that mean you wont be able to breast feed soon after the birth? I was hoping to breast feed my son as soon afer the birth as possible?

What if your milk doesnt come in untill the baby is born tho? or a few days later? does that mean you wont be able to breast feed soon after the birth? I was hoping to breast feed my son as soon afer the birth as possible?

The colostrum will come through right away hun, our bodies are well prepared for this. When you breastfeed it is just colostrum for the first few days, that's what has all those wonderful antibodies in. The milk comes a few days later, full of fat and calcium that baby needs :happydance:

The colostrum will come through right away hun, our bodies are well prepared for this. When you breastfeed it is just colostrum for the first few days, that's what has all those wonderful antibodies in. The milk comes a few days later, full of fat and calcium that baby needs :happydance:

R thankyou made me feel alot better about that :hug:

Sorry for askin a question in your thread melbo, but the girls here were really helpful :) I wouldnt worry if you dont leak anything, as i said i havent as yet and im not worrying now lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->