Colouring hair

Louisemc

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Do you think it is safe to colour my hair with semi permanent colour with no ammonia (l,ordeal castings) or should I wait until 2nd trimester?

Hmmm. I feel like that is a question for your doc! I personally wouldn't, but a doctor would be able to give better info than me :)
Let me know what you find out!

Yep! I did- my doc said it was perfectly fine, especially if it made me feel better. He said the only thing is to do a strand test- pregnancy hormones can make your hair react to dye different :)

My doc also says yes. I had bright red and it required a lot of maintenance. I decided to go a natural darker shade so I don't have to dye as often. Just my personal preference.

The general advice is that it's completely fine! :)

I did it, but the colour washed out eventhough it was permanent. I am waiting until late in 2nd tri now.

I'm a hairstylist! I had many clients color their had while in the first trimester , my own dr even said it was fine if done in a well ventilated area, its more the strong scent of chemicals making you sick more than anything ..... To be on the safe side we recommend doing foils/hilite/lowlites instead of an all over color because then the Color isn't touching your scalp directly and going into your blood stream..... All in all its pretty safe and go for it if the smell doesn't make you sick! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->