colposcopy and TTC

chimmi

Reaction score
I had a colcoscopy done about 2 years ago (after a few abnormal smear tests) and am wondering if it may be affecting my TTCing, i just read online "11 things that affect your fertility" and one was if you have had LEEP - removal of pre-cancerous tissue from the cervix. due to the scar tissue that your cervix builds up after the procedure - this affects fertility.
I had two biopsies done at 2 different appointments (6months apart) but not aware I had LEEP, would this still affect me? Are they the same procedure?
can anyone help or has anyone had the same procedure done and have any stories? Thanks

LEEP is a very different procedure. It is done in the hospital under sedation. You should be fine!
I colposcopy only takes a tiny tiny bit of tissue....just a few millimeters long.

helo! I have had 4 colposcopies in last 3 years, each time having 3 biopsies. when we were ttc ds, the month before I fell pregnant, I had had 3 biopsies. it certainly didnt affect us xx

Oh brilliant thanks ladies was starting to panic, I never even thouhht about is as was way before we started ttc and I had forgotten about the whole thing! Very relieved now:)

I had a colposcopy about six months before TTC.I had an erosion on my cervix which they used a laser to get rid of and ive not had any problems with it since.I conceived my DD not long after,so no problems
:dust:

Thanks for the reassurement!:::) good to hear ladies have got bfp after colposcopy x

Hi,
I had two colposcopies and then a LLETZ and got pregnant with DS2 the first month I tried so you shouldn't worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->