combating teenage pregnancy

bexs1111

Reaction score
hey ladies well as i am on maternity leave and my mind is wandering i thought back to when i had my first lo and went to a surestart group were they had an idea of getting some of us who had babies under the age of 18 to go into school and talk with year 10 and 11 about teenage partening actually taking our children with us and answering frankly and honestly. not to preach to them but to let give them all the information they need to make a decision. if you are a teen parent do you think this would of benifited you? as a mother would you like your children to have this while they were at school? all opinions welcome thanks

i think for most teenage parents its not a choice... but something that happens and no amount of preaching in schools is going to stop this? being told how hard it is over and over deffo makes you think twice about using contraception... BUT accidents still happen!

Although I agree accidents happen, some teenagers really do think that its easy and unfortunately deliberately get pregnant. For those girls I think it would be extreamly helpful. Its certainly something I'd want my SD to be taught about.

Accidents do happen but I was a total arse as a teen and thought not a lot about contraception. It may be beneficial.

I think it would be beneficial, another thing that needs to be tackled is long term contraception! Theres all these young girls on the pill who are scatter brained and would really benefit more from a long term solution but they arent informed enough about them to make these decisions

:shrug:why not just round them all up and force them to get the implant :p
I was round someones house years ago when i was about 18 and this girls cousin was there, (the whole family are third generation benefit scroungers/ lazy gits) anyways, i asked her what she was doing after school, and she laughed and said 'hah nout just gunna get pregnant i want a baby, then i will get a house and i wont have to pay for anything' etc etc low and behold she has done just that! and the over girl well she is on her forth kid and shes only 20 :dohh: she jokes about how much money she makes and thinks its funny:/
so yeah at 15/ 16 -go to schools and give them the implant and make it compulsory! :blush: ahah ... x

i dont think it would of made a difference to me, as we got talks about it all the time, like others have said accidents happen, but i was fully protected and to this day still dont know how it happend. but it did, so regardless of a teenager talking to me in school, it would of happend anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->