Combi-feeding - Follow on milk?

JaneSharon86

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hoping someone can help. My LO is combi fed due to slow weight gain. At the minute we use Cow and Gate first milk.

She's coming up to 6 months soon and we'll be starting BLW when the signs are there. She'll continue to have the boob first, but if she's still hungry afterwards, do I continue to give her the first milk or do I move onto the 'follow-on milk'?

Not really clued up on the whole formula thing :wacko:

You don't need to move on to follow on milk. It was invented as a way of getting around the formula advertising laws. Formula companies are not allowed to advertise in anyway milk aimed at babies under 6 months, so by "specially formulating" milk aimed at older babies they can advertise their brand without breaking the law. So its really up to you what you use.

As for combi feeding, I found that my slow gainers picked up with their weight gain once they got more into solids. DS started bottle refusing at around 9/10months. Depending on what your longer term plans are for breastfeeding you might be able to ditch the bottles altogether and just go boobies+solids once LO get the hang of eating.

You don't need to move on to follow on milk. It was invented as a way of getting around the formula advertising laws. Formula companies are not allowed to advertise in anyway milk aimed at babies under 6 months, so by "specially formulating" milk aimed at older babies they can advertise their brand without breaking the law. So its really up to you what you use.

See, that's exactly what I needed! Someone who knows what they're talking about to come along and tell me! Thank you :flower:

As for combi feeding, I found that my slow gainers picked up with their weight gain once they got more into solids. DS started bottle refusing at around 9/10months. Depending on what your longer term plans are for breastfeeding you might be able to ditch the bottles altogether and just go boobies+solids once LO get the hang of eating.

THIS would be AMAZING! Would help heal my wounds about not being able to EBF too. Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->