combi feeding question

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I husband has managed to get 4 weeks off work which is amazing as I can establish breastfeeding and he can sort out our 19m old. Having latch challenges have meant I've nearly quit due to pain every day. But day 6 & I keep going.

Anyway my dd takes an hour or so per feed plus cluster feeds in the evening. As dh is usually home after ds has gone to bed I am beginning to wonder how I can meet ds' s needs as well as feeding my dd.

I am considering combi feeding with bf in the morning, evening & night. Pumping during ds nap time and then ff/expressed milk

In the day.

What do you do?
I'd rather bf at night tgan day as to keep up supply and ff is quicker so can meet ds' needs quicker.

I used to give a bottle of formula around 11am so I could take dd1 out and not be bfing the whole time, and in the evening so I could get dd1 ready for bed. Your supply will dip if you drop feeds but if that's OK with you then go for it. You CAN combi feed long term, I still am at 11 months xx

As long as my supply is good enough for the rest of the time then I don't mind. I just need to get a balance that works

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->