Combined test results advice needed

Lillypots

Reaction score
NT 1.4mm :)
HCG 3.74 :-(
PAPP-A 0.32 :-(
Nasal bone present. Heartbeat great.
1 in 95 chance of an abnormality
Any success stories for me, or reasons for these results, other than abnormalities? Get results from Non Invasive Blood Test late next week

NT 1.4mm :)
HCG 3.74 :-(
PAPP-A 0.32 :-(
Nasal bone present. Heartbeat great.
1 in 95 chance of an abnormality
Any success stories for me, or reasons for these results, other than abnormalities? Get results from Non Invasive Blood Test late next week

Hi there saw your post and wanted to share my story as well... I had almost the same exact results as you expect came back at 1:244 chance... I had a panic attack and freaked out because jus like you my measurements came back great, I have had 2 more ultrasounds since then because of my short cervix which is a different issue... I too had a new test done which is not covered by insurance which was bloodwork that pulls out the fetal blood. My test came back negative. I knew a girl who was 1:25 and her son is perfect in all ways. My sister was told she was having a dwarf baby, they went to classes and prepped and prepared for her and she came out 100% normal size and perfect. I was warned not to have the Downs testing, because the blood work freaks people out and can not be accurate a lot of the time. I wish I could tell you to relax and not worry but we are moms now so its just the start. Best of luck to you, keep me posted on your results. I have a good feeling though!! :flower:

We didn't do any of the tests for downs or anything. Our dr told us even if there is a slight chance, it will read positive. So, we decided that since it doesn't matter to us if there is something wrong with our baby, (meaning we wouldn't terminate if our little guy has downs or some other mentally handicapping issue,) we don't want to unnecessarily be worried for the remainder of the pregnancy on a slight chance.

My hcg came back as 2.6 and I was 1 in 137 I also panicked but chose against the amnio . My neice who is in midd 20's came back 1 in 100 and had the amnio and all was well . I decided not to worry and wait for the 20 week scan that will tell us if baby has downs. I think the desision is personal and if there was no way you would want to keep the baby if there was a problem then maybe take the tests xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->