~ Come here for daily inspiration ~

EternalRose

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I am new on this site, and I love the fact that everyone is so supportive, especially for those that have had bad news, it is really nice to see. I feel that after reading a lot of posts about monitoring temps, and ovulation testing, I thought that it may help if we spent a little time ensuring we also have a positive mindset for the day.I come from a healthcare background and I sympathise so much with those that have experienced the loss of a child only to find themselves with more strength and back in TTC. I feel that this really needs to be celebrated along with all of us on our quest to create our own special bundle of joy
Similarly, I do know that negative thoughts may prevent us all from allowing the process of conception to take place within our bodies. I have never been a really spiritual person untill I went on the Master Cleanse where I fasted for 20 days and lost 20lbs, there I found the importance of clean thoughts and how that can impact on the changes within our bodies. I hope to root around the net for some positive affirmations, and I will try to come up with a few of my own. It would be even better, if we could all come back here and discuss how our day went with our affirmation in mind and whether we discovered anything about ourselves, good or bad, funny or sad. We are all here to support each other.

Hugs, Kisses & Support to all mothers in waiting
EternalRose xx

wow!! how inspiring!! what a thread.. i really dont no what to say :)

~ I willingly release old thinking patterns based on fear and self-doubt. I allow new ones based on love and self-confidence ~

The power of hindsight; isnt it amazing how with time, or with age we look back and wish we hadnt made such a fuss about certain matters. Or if we had the same oppurtunity we would do things differently. I have done this many a time, and after reading Victor Frankl's short novel on "Man's Search For Meaning " ( and I would reccomend to anyone on here) I now approach lifes challenges differently. I change my mindset, and view a situation as if I were about to make the mistakes I made the first time round; its a tricky concept ( living as if its for the second time) yet can be very empowering. Life can be so much more easier, yet if today was our last day many of us would release ourselves from the expectations placed upon us, and instead become fully immerseed within the love of our close ones. I choose not to wait untill my last day on earth to appreciate what I have, as what we all have is so truely great, today and everyday should be about recognising our gifts and enjoying them.

EternalRose

Attachments

• Woman_of_Water.jpg
    Woman_of_Water.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6
~ I choose a healthy life style that enhances my fertility ~

“The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible". I mentioned in my first post that I went on the Master Cleanse which was a turning point for me and my healthy lifestyle (by Stanley Burroughs). It is reccomended that individuals follow a raw vegan diet after the fast, to ensure optimum health and a steady weight. That, I have not yet put into place as I have spent nearly all of my 23 years eating meat.

However, I have been spending my time researching about the benefits of a non meat eating diet and I was shocked to say the least. I have always been quite ignorant to a vegetarian/vegan diet. One of the main concerns I have always had about not eating meat is that I would not get all of my nutrients. Yet, the strongest animals that have ever lived are vegetarians, where do they get their nutrients from? I am a self confessed comfort eater but this just fuels cravings & addictions and will not do me any favours in trying to conceive a healthy baby.

Now, a raw vegan diet is something else. (plenty of info surrounding it on google if anyone is interested) Its based on the premise that any food made is not heated above a certain temperature and of course only raw natural ingredients are used. Unfortunately, once we cook a food a lot of the nutritional content has gone and we ruin it ( that I did not know untill a few weeks ago) I have been trying to educate myself for a while on the benefits of living a raw diet and even eating a 50% cooked and a 50% raw diet will make such a vast difference in our overall health & vitality "no need to go in guns blazing here, thats if you dont want too of course" I am not sure whether I intend to go completely vegan as I would still like to eat fish. From a health standpoint, the body digests fish a lot easier then its meat counterparts and there is nothing in chicken or red meat that we can not get from other foods.

Finally, I never thought a raw lifestyle could be so delicious. I have attached a few of the delicious foods one can make and eat an abudance of, recipes courtesy of Russell James, a UK raw chef. Dont get me wrong, a lot of the gourmet recipes require a dehydrator and significant preparation time. I guess it depends on your motives, take a bit longer to prepare your meals in advance and eat as much as you want, or prepare meals in the normal way and worry about carb content, portion control, calories, fat content ..the list is endless and its driving me up the wall living this sort of life. Life is too short, and with the standard american diet, or even the calorie fuelled processed foods that are ever increasing in our supermarkets we dont live as long and thats fact.

Change can be a scary thing, will we fail, will it work? The only thing I knnow is that positive action can only reap positive rewards. Luckily, with the raw diet you can eat as much of this as you want, it is delicious and and the bonus is, its good for us. Now thats food for thought!

Attachments

• 470_img_2815_bc.jpg
    470_img_2815_bc.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 470_img_2643_bc.jpg
    470_img_2643_bc.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 470_img_1113.JPG
    470_img_1113.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 470_choc-torte.jpg
    470_choc-torte.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 4
ooo how inspiring!!! ill be looking out for more of your posts!

Thanks for enlightening everyone about the benefits of eating better:) I was a vegetarian for a long long time (now eat chicken and fish in moderation) and I do believe that it has a profound affect on the way I feel day to day. Energy levels, mood, and actually in respect to ttc I notice an increase in fertile cervical fluid when I eat more raw foods, not sure if it's really connected just something I noticed in myself. Anyway thanks for the posts:) :hugs:

"I am a miracle"

So these last few days I have subjected my poor, but undoubtedly willing fiance to endless discussions on pregnancy, and the gift of being a parent. I consider him to be quite philosophical in nature, and I guess I am as well but I think I may be getting nearer to his nerve (only I could want to discuss evolution at the crack of dawn :wacko:). A few weeks ago he mentioned how us humans are spectacular "winners" If you think about the scientific complexity involved with concieving, we can hardly be viewed as anything less than a miracle. After all, we made it. We have already won the greatest battle of life. Yet, we live our life with so many insecurities, expectations and strive for things based on the perceptions of others. Unfortunately, we then persecute ourselves and feel disheartened when we dont achieve them. Why do we do that so often?

Patience. I like to remind myself of my evolutionary triumph when I get down about life and if things dont always go my way. Fortunately, I was already given a miraculous start in life " I won," I guess this is what they mean "If its meant to be, it will be". I feel that we need to put more trust in ourselves and our bodies and marvellous things will definately happen to us. It's our destiny as we made it remember? Hopefully, as each day goes by in TTC we can achieve a little contentedness; a beautiful quality in a woman that can radiate off her like a warm glow.

EternalRose x

Attachments

• Flower_Macro.jpg
    Flower_Macro.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 4
this is an excellent thread, eternalrose... i am loving it!!

i found another site that describes how to make your own affirmations which are meaningful to you and your ttc journey: https://greenfertility.blogspot.com/2006/11/more-on-mind-body-connection.html i liked it a lot and is further inspiration for me to start a journal on here and to keep the pma.

thanks again eternalrose... a welcome addition to the forum :)

Thank you for posting this! It really makes me feel good! I love the inspirational word that you offer! I will surly be looking for more of your posts!

XOXO
Good Luck
Thank you again.

"I willingly release old thinking patterns based on fear and self-doubt. I allow new ones based on love and self-confidence"

Wishing everyone on baby and bump a good morning!

Its been a very good week here, Its so heart-warming to see couples so much in love and making positive steps towards parenthood. BnB forum is a gift in disguise, as we all have the oppurtunity to share our thoughts and advice and really educate ourselves throughout this special chapter in our lives. Only good things can come to those who seek information on being a parent. Yet, this needs to be advocated more often in todays society. My only regret is that not everyone will see what I see here, mothers that genuinely want their children.

I sense that mothers are getting a little bad press lately with endless documentaries on women choosing career over motherhood , the reversal of roles and how women are not choosing to stay at home anymore. In addition, there is always an underlying notion of this being the "wrong" thing to do.Yet, I believe it depends on what is right for the mother at that time and her overall happiness. An unhappy mother is not going to be a brilliant mother and motherhood really does start with just the mother. There is no point NOT doing the things you want to do in life and then end up being bitter and resentful.

So, the recurring viewpoint is that mothers are waiting longer nowadays before having children which I think is correct. However, there is no guarantee that by doing all of the things you want to do in life will make you a better parent. Similarly, I dont think the reasons people give for waiting longer should be transferable to everyone. Yet it seems to be causing a snowball effect nonetheless.

Please see the post, I wrote on page 3 of this thread, about BBC3 programme: Pregnancy: My Big Decision ( if you want to of course :haha:)

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/161366-pregnancy-my-big-decision.html

I have had a few moments this week, questioning whether I would be a good enough parent as I dont have the car, house or a big savings account. Me and my fiance did a few calculations of how much our weekly expenditure would be with a small child and how we could econimise better. It then dawned on me that I could always be a mother, like the ones I see on the Jeremy Kyle show:haha: We are all too hard on ourselves. we are on this forum learning about ourselves and actively trying for a baby with no "happy accidents" whatever that means ( taken from the Jeremy Kyle show ) :dohh:

I have come to the conclusion that it wont be the car that reads my child a story at night, gives the love and affection they deserve or even teaches those all important lessons of life. I am by no means naive to the fact that money WILL be needed, but what is truely needed will be priceless. Me and my fiance have a roof over our heads and we are both intelligent people that want education to always be a part of our lives. We could all work our way up to successful entrepeneurs earning million of pounds a year but we could also be awful parents. However, according to most views, our financial situation would mean that we would be having a child at the "right" time? I now feel that instead of asking myself, "am I having a child at the "right" time?" I should be asking "am I going to be the right kind of parent?" This is where I will really start to make progess.

Sending hugs and kisses to everyone today,

EternalRose x

Attachments

• th_angelchild_water.jpg
    th_angelchild_water.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 91
thank you so much again eternalrose... here are my thoughts on my favourite of the three affirmations you have put up on here so far:

"I willingly release old thinking patterns based on fear and self-doubt. I allow new ones based on love and self-confidence"

my womb is a fertile garden and at this time in my life it is perfectly primed for carrying a healthy baby to full term. my body and the universe will choose the perfect time for my baby to come to me, and it is such a gift to my future baby that s/he is coming to me at this stage in my life. at 33 i am ready mind, body and spirit to care for a new soul... because i waited until now, i am confident in my abilities to give my all to my future baby; i am strong enough to stop polluting my body; i am happy in love with my soulmate who will be the perfect father and partner in this upcoming journey. i haven't been pregnant accidentally yet as it was not the right time for my baby to come to me, and in no way means anythign about my ability to conceive. i have so much love to bring to my future children that the universe is bound to give me a little baby to love one way or another. it will happen. between my dh and i we have so much knowledge and experience with any various obstacles our future children may face mentally, behaviourally, or physically that regardless of what gets sent to us, we can handle it. we are not rich, but so many strong and resourceful parents make it work with much less than we have and we are devoted to our kids and will make it work too. it is our love, patience, creativity, open-mindedness, devotion to our family and ourselves, and our positivity that will make us fabulous parents. my day will come soon. very soon!

Hi Hannah,

I am glad you liked that affirmation, your post was absolutely beautiful! I can see by your words that you are going to be a great mum. Fingers crossed, and I really hope you get that BFP soon, you and your partner deserve it. Sending you lots of baby dust, and best wishes this evening.

Lots of love,
EternalRose

"I listen to my inner guidance and I act based upon my intuition"

When I was younger I never used to trust my instincts and I got into an awful lot of trouble. When I talk about instinct, I mean that initial uncomfortable, nagging gut reaction ( that we often choose to ignore). I often got hurt and would often get angry with myself for not believing in myself. Especially, in situations concerning the relationships I have had. Maturity has taught me that your inner intuition is ALWAYS right, whether we choose to believe it or not is up to us. ( the answers were always there & in no way am I talking about religion here)

I always feel so sorry to read about the ladies that have had OH or DH cheat or change their minds about TTC. I can just imagine how heartbreaking and frustrating that must be.:nope: Yet, its times like this where taking a step back from a situation could be really beneficial. Listening to your mind, body & soul could really make a difference to the way we view a situation or how we make our next decisions. I appreciate that sometimes when we are in so far deep, we cant tell the difference between the sunshine or the storm, thus we are lost and have no idea how to get back to what once was.

In the past, I have also spent a lot of time trying to go back to where everything was "great" only to realise things were never as great as I thought they were. At times we can become prisoners to the power of Idolisation; falling in love with someones potential is not the same as falling in love with that person.This is where we often miss the fundamental signs our intuition will try to give us, and we are often left feeling really hurt and disappointed.

I hope that my words can be a gift to anyone on Baby and Bump or anyone going through a turmoil with a close one at the moment. My wish is for you to be able to unlock your inner voice. and really search deep down inside for the answers you may be repressing. Being able to tap into our intuition doesnt require psychic capability nor does it require any special innate gift. We were all designed with this in place in order to help keep us safe. Believe what your mind body & soul is telling you and you will never go wrong.

If any of you are like me, the wacky philosophical type. :thumbup:You will love Dr Phil he has a great book that I swear by, "Creating your life from the inside out: Self matters"

Sending love and harmony to everyone here today,

EternalRose

Attachments

• TheWellOfMyDesires-1-1.jpg
    TheWellOfMyDesires-1-1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3
"I trust my body"

I have found since being in TTC, I find myself worrying about things that really are beyond my control, this needs to stop. It is not healthy for me nor will it be for the baby that I will soon be carrying. I am taking a positive approach to trying for a baby, and I am trying to limit the "bad stuff" in my daily food intake. Yet our bodies are very resilient, so there is no need to make ourselves miserable. I feel that as long everything we eat is in moderation the rest is out of our hands.

On the contrary, I feel that instead of wishing periods away, we should welcome them. Especially, if they are regular. After all, its a sure sign that everything is working as it should be. Also, it will only be a matter of time before they are gone altogether and then we will just have the privilege of thick facial hair to worry about. :haha:

Reccomendation of the day: "Meditation; is the key to clearing the mind every day, every week so you dont end up with a heart or mind full of worry or turmoil." Something I have no experience in myself but I have been doing some research on it. I feel that it may help us all in our TTC journey when we get results or news we dont want.

Short & Sweet Today

EternalRose x

Attachments

• Mystical-5.jpg
    Mystical-5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
"I am thankful for all I am and all I have. I am at peace"

When I was at school, I was constantly mocked by a girl for " always being happy". So I changed, and didnt smile as much or offer as much positivity, but I was just plain miserable. So I gave up, and just allowed myself to be who I wanted to be. Up untill now, I still cant see why my happiness would have been a problem. Or maybe I can, and it just saddens me to realise the truth behind her mocking.

I have my down days like most people. Yet, overall I know that I am an incredibly lucky person. I am living & breathing, I have my health & the love from my fiance. Specifically in that order, as I feel that my happiness needs to come from within rather than relying upon materialism or other people. Other people should not be responsible for our happiness, it really is unfair & we will always be left disapointed.

I have experience in the caring sector, and I have nursed many a patient that have wished they could go back in time to appreciate what they once had. Why wait until then, to get that realisation? We could all be the most beautiful women that ever graced the earth, but it wont last forever. In fact, nothing lasts forever, which can be quite a daunting notion if pondered for too long. Yet sometimes we choose to live our lives as if this is not the case. When I find myself cursing at the cellulite on my legs, I compare this to how I would feel if I was to lose my significant other. There really is no comparison and I almost feel stupid for wasting moments of my day on such a trivial matter. My love handles have not stopped my partner from loving me or wanting to start a family with me, yet as women we can really put ourselves through it cant we?

There seems to be an underlying mentality in society today, where we all feel under pressure to fit to certain moulds. Well, lets put it this way I am no longer in the race, I stopped 1000 miles ago, called a taxi and drove to the nearest ice-cream parlour! I had to make my own ice-cream as no one was there, but it sure as hell taste good! :haha:Sorry if I lost you there, but I used that metaphor to describe my indifference to pursuing a life I dont want or being someone I dont want to be. Sometimes, accepting who you are as a person & loving you may lead you to a different path than the one you had already planned. Similarly, this also means that you may have to believe in yourself and go for it! Love & appreciate the gifts you were given, ( I dont mean materialism here) whatever they may be and people will wish they had what you have. That, I promise you.

A quote I saw online today, I have never been religious but it did make me chuckle " If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans"

EternalRose

i'm trying not to worry about whether i will have a bfp tomorrow, because my body has already decided if i am pg or not... i trust my body to pick the perfect time to become pregnant. my mom said the same thing to me last month when i had my af cramps - she said to be glad that everything down there is working as it should! i will thank my womb if it brings my flow again on fri! i will try my darndest not to get mad at it as many women would LOVE to have my nice regular cycles... to be young and fertile and healthy is a gift! i am going to sleep on that thought tonight as i plan to test in the morning :)

wow, eternalrose - we were both thinking about your thread at the same time!!

Hi Hannah, lol. It appears we were. I think we may have been separated at birth! I have my fingers crossed that you dont get your period tomorrow, but may you be blessed if you do. You have been given the gift of another healthy month. Why not try and get some more:sex: from now untill tomorrow as you may get pregnant just in time! Or maybe I am just being way too optimistic now! :haha:

EternalRose

What a fantastic thread!!

The positivity coming from it is brilliant. :D

Some affirmations from me:

I release the pain of the past and accept joy, success and peace in my life.

I am a happy, loved and kind woman with peace in my heart.

I feel peace, compassion and joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->