Comfort formula users...

Mrs-C

Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs
Reaction score
... why did you start using it and was it helpful?

LO has been diagnosed with reflux. We had infant gaviscon but that made her poop hard and she screamed when going. Now we've stopped using it her poop is soft again but she's still screaming.

I'm taking her back to the gp tomorrow but wondered if I should suggest trying comfort milk first rather than more meds? :shrug:

Im trying to remember that far back......... i think we used it from around 6 weeks till around 12 weeks plus infacol which really worked

My LO struggled with wind which is why we swopped at 2 weeks old and put her on comfort milk. She was on it until 6 months and it worked wonders, she was really happy with it and it filled her up a bit more as its a bit thicker than stage 1 so you may need stage 2 teats :flower:

The comfort made Ava ten times worse cos she was windy anyway with the silent reflux and the comfort made her windier.

Plus it smells of potatoes and Ava wouldnt drink it lol x

We use C&G Comfort. LO had terrible trouble with wind and no amount of infacol, dentinox, gripe water, tummy massage etc would do anything. So HV suggested we try this. It took a few weeks for him to settle, but he now has no trouble at all with his wind most of the time. We still use infacol and gripe water though, but at least he goes to bed comfortable and doesnt grunt all night now xx

We went onto comfort milk as sma was giving her constipation and she also suffered really badly with wind. It was a godsend!! Within 2 days she was a completely different baby, constipation turned to runny (not too runny) poo's and the wind problem had almost gone completely but i believe the wind problem dissapearing was a combination of the bottles being changed at the same time aswell.

We used comfort milk because the normal first stage milk seemed to give my son sore wind and mad him constipated. I'm sure it could help with reflux too as it's thicker so might be easier to keep down. One thing we needed to do was change teats as it's harder for them to get the milk out due to it being thicker so if you're still using a slow teat then you'll need to try a medium or a vari-flow. x

You can use comfort and gaviscon together.
The milk is then extra thick and no problems with poop!
Only use 1 gaviscon tho x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->