Comfort suckling

my son is a constant night time comfort sucker..he hates pacifiers..i think when we start solids at 6-7 months ill wean him maybe lol

I had no issue with comfort sucking. She tended to increase it pre growth spurt and then it would die down. She wouldn't take a dummy either so that option was out. At that age, you're not spoiling her, you're comforting her in the most appropriate way.

I cut it down drastically when she got older (over 9+ months) but was more flexible when she was teething / ill as it provided great comfort for her.

She is a very secure / outgoing girl at 2 years old and I just weaned her about a week ago with no real complaints.

I always give her boob if thats what she wants. She wont have a dummy. You have to think of it as if you ARE a dummy, if your baby had a plastic dummy would you take it away when they were using it to fall asleep, calm down etc? If baby comfort sucks for a long time a baby carrier can be useful, that way you can move about and have your hands free xxx

I wouldn't personally want LO to require me there to get to sleep always. I might not always be there, but also I think it's good for her to learn to sleep by herself. I said other pacifier, but I wouldn't really want her to need any kind to actually sleep, maybe take it out when she's drowsy? As it happens, lo has found her thumb, god knows how I'm going to wean her off that!!

My LO was not interested in a dummy and it made him so furious and upset that he'd take in lots of wind through the airholes and end up unsettled all night long; so counterproductive really. My LO does comfort suck sometimes but I have an overactive letdown so milk starts spraying out and it has put him off a bit; he found his thumb very early but it was only at 10-12 weeks he could co-ordinate his movements enough to suck his thumb deliberately whenever he wanted. He also sucks his own bottom lip! xx

i think whatever works:thumbup: boobie, dummy :winkwink: anything that keeps them happy :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->