Coming in to contact with Chicken Pox???

C

charlotte8

Hi everyone

I have just found out that someone at my works son has chicken pox.
I myself have never had it. Does anyone know if I should be worried.
Can it get passed on this way? And even though I have never had it doesnt mean I couldnt pass it on to my unborn baby does it?

Any advice would be really helpful
thanks in advance
xx

Hi,

there was a thing about chickenpox on GMTV this morning. If you want to watch the clip, go to www.GM.TV and select GMTV videos - "spot the signs". Its a 5 min video and contains a lot of information.

You could also check out : https://www.womens-health.co.uk/chickpox.asp and there is a fair bit of information on there. It does say you should see your GP and have a blood test to check immunity to chicken pox if you're less than 20 weeks pregnant. Apparently up to 80% of women who've never had chicken pox still have some immunity, so try not to panic.

You should probably speak to your GP. It is really infectious,and although it's rare to catch it in pregnancy, you need to be safe. It can cause problems for the baby, but the doctor can check your immunity and if necessary give you an injection that should help boost you immune system. Best talk to the professionals!

Don't panic, but I would seek medical advice as soon as you can.
I would also try to stay away from anyone who might have chicken pox.
at gersprincess said, there is a high probability that you're immune.

I would go to your gp or MW and they will give you a blood test and take it from there,my son had it a few months ago but I have had it so wasnt worried. But you need to get checked out. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"