Coming of aptamil confort- need help please!!!

tracy1982

Reaction score
Megan has been on the comfort milk since she was 6 weeks old. Still only had a poo every 4 days or so....

She is now just over 6 months old and eating some solids so her bowel movements are now more consistant.

In the last month or so she has reduced her milk intake down to 4/5oz bottles 4 x a day.

Should i switch her to aptamil first?? or Aptamil follow on? Whats the difference???

Do i gradually introduce the new milk, one bottle per day and then increase it??

I have no idea what i am doing!!!

Thanks

xx

when we came off comfort with my eldest we just switched straight over and had no problems. But i did read somewhere you should do it slowly. So i guess that one is up to you. There is no real difference between 1st milk and follow on milk. Except that there are normally offers on follow on milk. I was told by my hv that there was no need to change so we didnt (we came off comfort at 4 months and went to hungry baby) So at 6 months we just stayed on hungry baby. In your case i would probably go onto follow on milk. As your coming off comfort then it wont make a difference to you x

Thanks for the advice. Also just called the aptamil helpline- they said to gradually introduce the 1st milk xx

I'm in exactly the same position with my LO!! did they say to go for aptimel first instead of follow on? and how gradually, did they say add one extra a day or something? i'm not sure what to do. thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->