Coming off BC

musicjunkiee

Reaction score
I have been on the pill since I was 16, I'm now 27. I have a gorgeous 2 year old conceived using clomid as I have PCOS and due to that, I went back on the pill after his birth to control my hormones. As my PCOS was undiagnosed befor I started the pill, I don't know what the did effects of not taking it actually are.

I have no sex drive at all now, feel my moods are suffering and I am considering coming off it. I am getting married next year and we plan to start TTC a bit before the wedding.

Can anyone tell me what they experienced coming off the pill? Good or bad.
I was on dianette before my son, and have taken cilest since.

Is the low sex drive thing normal when on the pil sometimes?? I mean, I enjoy sex when it happens but I have no desire to every initiate anything and that's just not me, which is worrying me also

I'm probably not the right person to ask because most of my symptons after coming off the pill has been bad - hormones all over the place, sore boobs, headaches, nausea, cramping, back-ache: all from coming off the pill. It's also been around 12 weeks and still no period.. (and no, I'm not pregnant lol).

However, the one nice thing, is that my sex drive is back. When I was on the pill, I felt similar to what you are saying, so personally, I would recommend coming off the pill sooner rather than later if you plan to start TTC-ing and want your libido back!
Good luck x

I've been on the pill pretty much since I was 18 (I'm 35 now), except for a few short periods of it, including when I conceived by daughter who is now 3. I've honestly never had any issues coming off it. I do notice ovulation pain (because obviously I wouldn't have any when I'm not ovulating), but it's minor and not a big deal. It's always been fine. In terms of sex drive, I don't think for me being on the pill makes any difference, but I do think having a baby and toddler makes a huge difference. My sex drive was fine before I had my daughter, now mostly I'd just rather sleep! I think that's pretty normal for many people with small children, men included. There's no reason not to try coming off it and see how you feel (you can always go back on if you want to). It would more be an issue of what you're doing to do about birth control then if you aren't planning to TTC before your wedding. Would you use condoms? Something else? Maybe the copper coil, which is non-hormonal? I would more just be concerned about getting pregnant if you aren't ready to yet. I know I wouldn't want to go back to using condoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->