Coming off Birth Control Pills... How long did it take? Experiences?

susied

Reaction score
Hi All!! I'm new here! I actually lurked at the bump forums and the people there were so terrible and rude to people who posted that I looked for a better community. You all seem SO nice and friendly, I landed here. :thumbup:

Anywho... DH and I have been married a little over a year and decided we are ready to start trying! I was on Depo Provera for about 6 years and switched to the pill about 14 months ago. I stopped taking my pill a few days ago, (about a week before I would normally start AF.) Today I'm spotting as if I'm starting AF but it's 4 days earlier than expected. Anyone experience this, ditching the pill mid cycle? Do you think this could be a true AF or just some weird side effect of stopping the pill?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I haven't temped or done an OPK - Honestly I don't know how to! :blush:

Oh and I have a preconception appointment with my doc but they couldn't get me in for a few weeks.

Thank you a ton for any suggestions and I look forward to participating in the forum more now that we're actively trying!

I finished pill at end, first time round af came after 31days n I caught cycle 2, had an early mc then caught 2nd cycle after that. Just stopped pill again to Ttc no.2 but a different pill...so a bit nervous! Lol I'll let u know how that goes! Good luck!

I've also just stopped taking my pill and had my last period around 19th June, hopefully I ovulated this month bcos I've bd'd like crazy haha.

AF due 17th July so hopefully, being impatient, I'll be lucky first time round!

Never TTC before, but have got pregnant on the pill two years ago, so I don't really know what I'm doing in terms of tracking my body. I'm just hoping nature does its thing !

GL everyone

Xxxx

Thanks for the replies!! good luck to you both!

hey there, it is normal to have some breakthrough bleeding when you stop your pills in the middle of your cycle. my first period after i stopped my bcp came after around 31 days, and it has remained at around 31/32 ever since. right now you will probably just have to wait until your next period to figure out where you are in your cycle. hopefully this happens soon so you can start the baby making process !!!
good luck :)

Thank you newlyweds!!! I appreciate the assurances! Let the seemingly endless wait begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->