Coming off birth control Q's?

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hello ladies. I used to post here a lot when I was pregnant with my daughters who are now almost 3 and almost 2. The OH and I are starting trying for #3 but I have been on the Nuvaring for almost a year now. I removed it on the 6th an had a period from the 7th to 11th. Yes Terry's I started spotting ad today I have full on period again just a week after the last one stopped. How long is my body going to be a mess? Is it possible to have birth control mess things up so much you can't get pregnant? Sorry if these are simple questions my other two pregnancies just came very easily.

Hi YoursTruly,

Just to share my personal experience - I was on NuvaRing for 1 month and it took my body 2-3 months to regulate. When I spoke to my doctor I had the same concerns, as the ring really messed me up. My doctor assured me that it would not have any lasting impact on my fertility, so in my experience that wasn't a worry. However, the first two months were ROUGH. I was convinced I was pregnant the first month - I had the worst mood swings that I have EVER experienced, I was weepy, bloated, my bbs were sore way before my usual PMS symptoms, I was queasy and I bled mid-cycle. My doctor told me that almost without fail, unless there is an underlying issue, it takes the body two months to completely bounce back from the ring (on average, there are always people who are fine off the bat and people who take much longer!) Hang in there, your body will get back to normal!!

I absolutely refuse to put any form of BC in my body at all. I have had the worse experiences with it. I have not heard of it causing infertility but it WILL take your body some time to get back to normal. Give it a few months to fully regulate, like up to 6. You will most likely experience mid cycle bleeding until the hormone is completely out of your body. GL to you!

I was on the BCP for 12 years and over the last two years I've had 3 girlfriends who came off long-term BCPs to TTC (anywhere from 3-15 years on the BCP). Every single one had some issues with her cycle later. In some cases, the cycles were really long (45+ days), in others they were totally random (one would be 15 days long, the next 30, etc). For three of us, 3-6 months later the cycles were pretty stable and for one woman, they remained long and unpredictable, though she had a baby recently so it didn't negatively affect her fertility, just took her a while to get pregnant.

For me, the first cycle off the BCP was weird - 52 days long, though I O'd exactly 14 days before AF arrived so at least that was something. After that they stabilized to 33-34 days.

It's quite annoying and if I had really understood better how long it takes to go "normal" again, I'd have gone off the BCP a year before TTC. I don't think the doctor ever really properly informed me of what happens when you go off. Then again, there are enough women who go off and get a BFP immediately, so who knows...

Thanks ladies. I am feeling like a big emotional mess

Hardd2011--- I removed it after the 21 days in when it is supposed to be removed for your period to come. I waited the full cycle before removing it.

You will eventually get regulated again, BC is the devil!!

So weird. I guess everyone will come off birth control differently. First time i came of the pill I didnt have a period for three months with no spotting. Second time I came off the patch and once again period didnt come back until 3 months, no spotting. Third time I got of the patch my periods came back but took 9 months for my body to ovulate. Now I am ready to have kids I came off the pill, no spotting and I clearly Od on time first month off.

I came off the pill last February and got a BFP in April.
BC didn't seem to mess up my body too much - not sure how different the Nuvaring is to the BCP but thought I'd share :)

Thanks. :) when I was on the pill I had no problem coming off. Got pregnant my first month off both times. This time seems a mess. No more Nuvaring for me ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->