Coming off opiates and antidepressants cold turkey. Is this wise?

WhisperGirl

Roll on November
Reaction score
I don't want to harm baby so have stopped my medications. Getting mad withdrawal effects. Should I call nhs24? Xxx

What were you taking, you should never stop medication cold turkey it can cause withdrawal and stress to you and bubs. Did you speak to your cpn or gp about it before doing it. It is bed to slowly reduce medication before stopping however you also have to weigh up stopping with risks to baby and whether there is any safer medication you can move to. X

Definitely need some support how are you feeling? Have you not spoken to your psychiatrist about it? What where you taking if you don't mind me asking I have some experience with this. I wasn't currently taking any antidepressants or anti psychotics when I got bfp but was still taking a small dose of diazapam (Valium) quite regularly xx

No I don't mind at all. Duloxetine and tramadol also 30/500 co coda mol. Thankfully I stopped antipsychotics a few months ago. I haven't had a chance to see cpn or psych, just thought shit I better stop these xxx

Don't cold turkey. Its the worst thing you can do.. Just take half for a week and then half every 2nd day….. At least, thats what the doc is getting me to do.

Taper off. I was on seroquel when I got pregnant and my OB wanted me off it immediately, but still was advised to taper. It took me 3 weeks to get down to nothing.

It's actually really dangerous to stop your meds cold turkey. When I was on anxiety meds, my doc slowly cut down my dosage when it was time to stop. I would definitely call your doc and see how you can come off them safely. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->