Coming off the pill. Experiences?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
As the title says :flower:

I'm coming off the pill when I finish the pack I'm currently taking and I was just wondering what everyone's experiences were!

I know it varies from one person to the next, just looking to get a general idea. And what pill did you come off of?

Thank you lovelies :hugs:

It took me 6, nearly 7 months to have a period after coming off of Yasmin 21's... I had my withdrawal bleed as expected when I finished my last pack, then didn't see AF for months! It was scary, and I am only now starting to fall back into a normal pattern nearly a year after stopping!

I came off alesse had three periods now, cycles vary between 23-27 days, no luck getting preg yet but am ovulating

I came off Cerazette (a mini/progesterone only pill), ovulated two weeks later (just known from symptoms) and had a normal period, but then next cycle was 6 weeks long, was two weeks late and loads of negative tests. Was annoying! But after that things were more settled again, it can definitely make your body be a bit weird and give confusing symptoms which can be hard. Hope it's simple for you :hugs:

I was on Microgestin for a while. I came off it in the middle of the pack in February. I had asked my doctor in December when I should stop taking the pill, and she said whenever I felt like it. 2 days after I stopped, I got a nice heavy crampy period. While on my pills, I hardly noticed my periods coming at all. So that was a nice surprise. Obviously, it was about 2 weeks early, so my cycles got a little out of whack. Still trying to figure out if they are still a regular 28 days lol! Only after stopping mid-pack did I find out I should have finished it! Oh well, it happens. My next AF is due April 14th, I'm pretty sure. My last cycle was 30 days, which was never normal for me in the past, so it's a bit difficult to know when exactly I ovulated. Just to be safe, hubby and I try every other day ;)

I took Microgestin Fe. Once I stopped, my cycles were crazy irregular, anywhere from 30-90 days. After 9 months they were down to 35-36 days.

I took ovranette the combined pill for 7yrs till September. First AF arrived exactly 28 days after stopping pill. Have had an AF every month since but cycles vary from 23-28 days with most months being 26 days. We have just started TTC this month but I think I am ovulating as getting positive opks and cramping around same time xx

When I came off Yasmin in December I didn't have a withdrawl bleed but had a normal period a month later. I then didn't have a period for about a month and a half, had the false positive test & then had the worlds worse period ever! It can take time for things to normalise!

I was on tri-cyclen. I finished my normal pack on March 8th, had withdrawal bleed 12-14. Started taking new pack 16-19 and stopped altogether on the 20th. (4 pills in) . Then had a withdrawal bleed again on the 23rd. Nothing since then. My temps say I ovulated on the 3rd though. We will see if AF or a BFP come soon...
Goodluck

I came off Yasmin in January, had my normal withdrawal bleed, then had a 37 day cycle which I am not confident that I ovulated with and then 2nd cycle I got pregnant! So it is possible that it doesn't take too long to regulate. I would recommend reading up on tracking your CM which I did the 1st cycle which I never got EWCM which is why I think I didn't O, my second cycle I started using opk's when I started getting watery CM and got my positive opk on CD 18.

Good Luck to you!

Took Levora for 18 months after weight loss surgery. Stopped in February and broke out all over my chin. The worst acne in history, I'm convinced. As of yesterday, I'm now in my third cycle without it. Last month I ovulated but no luck. I've been pretty regular since the withdrawl bleed (28 days).

Hi i came off the mini pill (femulen) after being on it 6 years had one period & conceived second cycle good luck x

I'm one of the lucky ones....I got off generic Ortho Lo back in November and have been pretty normal since, cycle varies between 28-30 days and are usually light, have only had a couple heavy periods that usually last 3-4 days.

Only difference now is that I get spotting from 1-3 days before every period. I don't mind it tough, at least then I know my period is coming.

I was on Yaz then Levora for 8 years or so. Came off in Jan. First cycle was anovulatory, 39 days, and ended in a super light AF. On my second now, CD47 today and I'm pretty positive I haven't O'd, despite what my chart thinks at the moment.

Just came off seasonique which ive been on for 6 years. Have had cramps but no AF. My doctor said that the fact that i only got AF every three months should not effect me and my cylces should be normal in a month or two but it has been so long i dont remember what my normal cycles were like!

Hoping it doesnt take long!
Anyone else ttc after seasonique or similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->