Coming off the pill (microgynon)

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by claireyfairy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. claireyfairy

claireyfairy Mum to 1 pregnant with#2

Hi Just wondered if anyone else has come off microgynon to start ttc?
    I have read it can take ages for :witch: to sort itself out again.

I stopped taking it a couple of weeks ago and am sure that I am going to start getting over excited everytime :witch: doesnt show when expected. Don't want to be on an emotional rollercoater!!!! Although I am sure this is probably a big part of ttc no matter what!

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I came off it after 6 years and I got my withdrawal bleed 3 days after I stopped taking it and my normal AF are now between 27 and 28 days.

3. caslass

caslass New Member

Hi im new to this so i hope ive posted correctly. i came off microgynon in january and had 2 week long bleeds within 4 weeks i then went 6 weeks and am due :witch: on monday! heres hoping she stays away and i get a :bfp:

4. josie-jo

josie-jo Mummy to Mia

I came off Microgynon in Dec and have been regular, 28-32 day cycles since. I was on the pill for 12 years in total.
    Am still trying and hoping to fall soon.

5. MonkeyFeet

MonkeyFeet Pregnant after ICSI

I came off microgynon in December 2007 and after a quick withdrawl bleed followed by a 30 day cycle I had nothing for over 100 days then a few cycles in the 40 day region followed by another 130 + day cycle then a 49 day cycle but I now appear to be settling into a 35-36 day cycle. I did have other stresses in this time which may have made things worse for me.

6. priddy

priddy Well-Known Member

Hi hun, I to came off microgynon about 10 days ago, ive just had my withdrawal bleed and im so hoping and praying things happen quickly!!! Know I shouldnt expect it so soon but we do get our hopes up. Heres hoping we can share good news together and prove its not always long. Sarah xx.

7. griff2b

griff2b Pregant with #1

Hi, I came off microgynon in jan, my 1st cycle was 53days, my 2nd 33days...

xxx

8. ILoveShoes

ILoveShoes Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I was on Ovranette, but I took my last one last night, and am now TTC.
    Good luck!!!
    xxx

9. Mork

Mork Well-Known Member

Hi Clairefairy!
    Welcome to bnb and fx'd you get your bfp soon!
    I took my last microgynon on 31.12.08 and have been ttc since. I was using bcp for 14years without a break, but my periods have returned to normal and are now between 28-32days apart. Hope this helps, although everyone is different!! xx

10. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

Hi I came off it end of Dec, had withdrawal bleed, then 28, 32, and 36 day cycles :( taking Agnus Castus tablets at the mo to try and regulate them back to 28-30 days so fingers x'd. Everyone is different on here as you've prob realised!!! try not to get too stressed as I think this has hindered our progress in terms of cycle length

11. claireyfairy

Thanks ladies!!
    Priddy you stopped at almost the same time as me! My stomach hasn't felt right since the withdrawal bleed. You had any funny aches etc? Or anyone else have odd reactions after coming off the pill?

I was on the pill for seven years and feel in a better mood now I am off it so far-although that could be me happy after more :sex: and the idea of a baby!!!

12. salmb

salmb mum of 2

Hi, i was on microgynon for 4 yrs then came off it and got pg with my daughter 1st month of trying, then went back on the same pill for 2 yrs came off got pg again in the 1st month but that sadly ended in miscarriage, but i caught again straight away and had my son. Now im waiting for the depo to stop messing me about after having the last shot in oct last yr.

But just thought i would add my experience here just to let you know it can happen quickly, my friend has always said me and my dp must be super fertile lol, i hope you get ur bfp soon.

sal xx

13. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

This is the same as me except I stopped in January, and was on it for 10 years, then had a year off, then a year on again before ttc.

Both times I stopped I got back to a regular cycle almost straight away but I think I was really lucky.

14. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

I was on Microgynon when I stopped to ttc my DS - I got my bfp 3rd cycle off the pill (which were regular 30-34 day cyles). Was just on Cerazette this time and same bfp 3rd cycle off the pill! so it doesn't necessarily mean bad things for you.

good luck ttc!

15. ToniAnne8

ToniAnne8 Mother of 1 and bump!!!

I was on Microgynon for just over 6 yrs. Came off it last October - the first week I think & found out at end of November I was pregnant. I was 5 weeks pregnant to.
    We was trying but I was shocked as we didn't expect it to happen so quick.
    Everybody is different so good luck!!!!

:hug:

16. Xinola

Xinola Loving my time with Sini

Hi,

I came off microgynon two years ago, after 11 years. As it was a coincidence that by the time I withdrew I had a family bereavement, I went so stressed, sad, etc. that I had very long cycles after that (up to seven weeks). Don't recall withdrawal bleed though. I didn't ovulate often, I think it took my body time to recover from so many years of taking it.

Back then, when I withdrew, I read few forums where women shared all sorts of experiences, just like we are mentioning here. Some women get pregnant soon afterwards; yet, for some others take much longer.

For me the worse part was the hormonal rebalancing -whatever this means- afterwards. However, I've been better off microgyonon as it drove me mad (and my DH). When I was taking the pill, of course, I had short cycles; however, for the past six/seven months, my cycles are 30-31 days long, and I've been ovulating regularly. So, in my case, it's been a long wait. Now I'm very happy TTC. All I recommend you is to listen to your body, and you'll see how it responds to the change.

Best of lucks! :flower:

17. priddy

priddy Well-Known Member

Nothing funny for me since coming off other than being impatient!!!

18. Babynumber1

Babynumber1 Mum of 1 & Pregnant

Hi i came off microgynon in nov08 5 months ago and i had a withdrawel bleed a cpple of days after and my periods have been regular 28 days ever since still ttc now.x

19. claireyfairy

Just hope :witch: doesn't mess me about!!! Fingers crossed.

20. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

Same here - :bfp: this morning in 3rd cycle off microgynon.

Fx for you all x