Coming over from TTCing- Have a question about when you conceived and Bding ;)

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Hi, Ladies! First of all congratulations on the pregnancies, I hope all is going well and that your first tri isn't treating you too bad :) I have a question for those you that had been tracking your O (like with temps and/or LH/OPK strips/monitors) When you finally did conceive how did your BDing and O match up. Like what CD's did you BD on and What CD was your O? I'm trying to see if I even still have a running chance at conceiving, bc I pretty sure that I O'd last night, but I'm not sure that we did BDing close enough to it to conceive or not. I guess, I'm just grasping at straws hoping that this cycle hasn't been a total waste :cry: Thanks for your help, the more answers I get the better picture I'll have of the range of BDing that to conception, so please help me feel better about this cycle by leaving your info below :flower: Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!

I got a positive OPK (I don't temp or anything else) on CD19 and CD20, we only BD'ed on CD20 and I got my BFP on CD30.

We must have magically gotten the timing right as I didn't think we stood a chance.

Good luck to you! :)

each time its that month i did nothing..

With my dd we dtd cd11,12,13 but missed cd14 which was o day.

This pregnancy we dtd cycle day 11,12, 14 and 15 which was o day. Confirmed o with temps and opks both times.

Good luck! Hope this is your month.

We did the SMEP, conceived the first month we tried it. Not sure if it was coincidence or not tho!

If you can look at my chart in my signature, or let me look at your own from the month you conceived, I think it would help me out a little more. I'm getting really confused about all my fertility charting and all the info and then the timing of BDing, and I'm not sure if I'm too late, like if I already O'd or if I'm fixing to. I had a + LH strip on CD13 but it was WAY darker on CD14 but my clearblue fertility monitor didn't give me a peak reading until this morning, which is CD15. My CP is super high, could barely reach it, open and fairly soft, which is a change from what it had been all were mediums. And my CM is watery/a little EW.

I think if you can BD today it would really help your chances. Everything looks good!

I wasn't using OPKs or anything like that, but tracked using body signs and all early scans matched up with my 'guess' of ovulating the day we BD'd.

DH and I last BD'ed two days before O. 8DPO I got a faint BFP.

We had one oops moment without contraception, then I had twinges the next day that made me think I was ovulating. I got a decent bfp 2 weeks after bd and 13 dpo. The date I thought I ovulated was confirmed at a private scan with baby measuring exactly to that date xxxxx

We dtd 2 or 3 days before ovulation going by dates not Opks or anything else as we weren't tracking.

This is my chart! Very newly pregnant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 10
We weren't charting or temping or anything. We'd been on holiday and I started noticing ewcm so the night we got back I was on day 3 of ewcm so we bd'd and here I am! We did it twice that month and the 1st time was about a week before my fertile days.

The previous months we were doing it every other day and nothing happened.

I firmly believe it happened because my mind was taken off of it and I wasn't stressing about what days we had to do it! Good luck :) x

O symptoms CD19, post-O symptoms CD21.

BD'd CD16, CD19, CD20, CD21 - as well as most of the previous week and the following week, as is our norm whether TTC or not.

Bfp 10dpo on CD30.

The month I got pregnant marked a year of TTC. At that point I decided I was done with the stressing and obsessing. My DH was working a lot, and was exhausted, so I just let it go. We didn't have a bunch of sex "just in case". We had sex in CD10 just for fun. Then nothing until CD16. On CD15 I actually got a positive OPK around 4pm. Unfortunately, my DH had already left for work and wouldn't be back until the next morning. I figured we were out for sure, since it had been 5-6 days since we last DTD, and by the time we could do it again, it would be about 16 hours after my positive OPK. But we did it anyway the next morning on CD16. Just 10 days later I got a very, very faintbl positive. I was certainly surprised considering how little effort we'd put in that cycle... after 12 months of much more effort resulting in BFNs.

So, to make it short: We pretty much DTD just once-- the morning after my positive OPK. Not what most people would recommend, but it worked!

The month I got pregnant marked a year of TTC. At that point I decided I was done with the stressing and obsessing. My DH was working a lot, and was exhausted, so I just let it go. We didn't have a bunch of sex "just in case". We had sex in CD10 just for fun. Then nothing until CD16. On CD15 I actually got a positive OPK around 4pm. Unfortunately, my DH had already left for work and wouldn't be back until the next morning. I figured we were out for sure, since it had been 5-6 days since we last DTD, and by the time we could do it again, it would be about 16 hours after my positive OPK. But we did it anyway the next morning on CD16. Just 10 days later I got a very, very faintbl positive. I was certainly surprised considering how little effort we'd put in that cycle... after 12 months of much more effort resulting in BFNs.

So, to make it short: We pretty much DTD just once-- the morning after my positive OPK. Not what most people would recommend, but it worked!

This make's me feel better! THANK YOU!!! I have been stressing out so much bc of our BD timing. I got a positive wondfo on CD13, but the one CD14 was MUCH darker, so I considered that one actually positive and the one before just a "high'. My CBFM on CD14 was still only giving me a High fertility so I started thinking that the monitor was going to miss my surge bc it ask's for FMU, which I was correct on, bc CD15 I used my SMU after dipping a stick in both FMU and my SMU and looking at them before I stuck it in the monitor. I got a peak that day (yesterday) and I fully believe that if I had put in the FMU stick it would of missed my O. I know what the lines mean on the sticks for the monitor, so I know that the FMU stick would of read as a high not a peak. BUT Hub's has decided of all the d*mn weeks in the month, that THIS week he's mad at me and is going to withhold sex as a punishment. Which has been STRESSING me out, bc I have pulled out all the this month. I am using a CBFM, temping, charting my CP, CM, symptoms, etc, taking my vit/supp.'s like I should be, added in Softcups and Preseed this cycle and also added EPO for the first TWW. And all I could think was "OMG, he's really going to make this whole month a bust bc he's being an a**, I've been doing all this sh*t for nothing" !!!! BUT we did BD this morning, and so far I haven't confirmed an O, so I actually think this morning could possibly be "perfect" timing as FF is predicting that I will O today, and it normally is scary right, lol. I will plan on BDing tonight again just for good measure and possibly tomorrow as well if I can get Hub's to do it. I'm just SO relieved that we did a good BD in today and that it is right when we should be BDing. Technically, we BD'd twice previous to this that could result in a pregnancy but they are so far away, that it would be a very slim chance and practically a miracle if I had conceived bc of those BD sessions. lol. Thank you so much ladies. I feel much better, and finally feel like i can breathe again :flower:

Glad I could help! Sounds like you should have your bases covered this month. Good luck!!!

Glad I could help! Sounds like you should have your bases covered this month. Good luck!!!

wouldluvabub- So it looks like you last Bd'd the day before FF is saying you O'd? Is that right? And thanks for letting me see your chart, it really helps me feel better about this month!

Isme- I sure hope so. Finger's crossed that this is our month! I'm curious to see where FF puts my O cross hairs actually. I think that it may of been right and that today was the day. Maybe if I'm lucky it will wait until tom and I will be able to get in one more BD before I O. Finger's and every thing else crossed.

wouldluvabub- So it looks like you last Bd'd the day before FF is saying you O'd? Is that right? And thanks for letting me see your chart, it really helps me feel better about this month!

Isme- I sure hope so. Finger's crossed that this is our month! I'm curious to see where FF puts my O cross hairs actually. I think that it may of been right and that today was the day. Maybe if I'm lucky it will wait until tom and I will be able to get in one more BD before I O. Finger's and every thing else crossed.

Yes it's all we could manage as DH works away. My second son was a one hit wonder also on O day! I have PCOS and irregular cycles so anything is possible. As hard as it is try to relax. The times I've relaxed have been the times I've conceived!

I got a positive opk (Clearblue digital) on cd16 but according to temps, I didn't actually ovulate until cd18. The only day we BD around that time was cd16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->