Comparing my face to my son's

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
My SO is convinced our son looks just like me and all he got were the ears lol. I don't think he looks like me, just that he has my nose. What are your thoughts? SO is moping around so I'd love to show him things that do not look like me. Obs didn't have 4D scans back in the day but this is my 5 day old picture

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 5
Oh bless him! Tell him not to worry, babies are squishy on 4D scans and change so much as they grow up! I came out the spitting image of my dad but by the time I was one, I looked a lot more like my mum and still do! My nephew was also all dad as a newborn but now he's a real mix of both parents.

I can def see a resemblance though, I think he certainly might look like you! But tell your OH not to mope, you can't really tell until they are here and start to grow!

I struggle to see either of us in my 4D scan.. I think maybe a bit more me but it's certainly not obvious!

Aww he's adorable. It's hard to tell from 4D scan. My scan with ds1 he had a squishy fat nose and chubby cheeks, but came out with the tiniest dot of a nose and barley any chub at all :haha:

Oh he's so cute!

My son looked like my double on his 4d scan. When he was born he looked EXACTLY like his dad. They still have so much changing a nd growing to do, tell him not to worry.

Awww!! I am not sure if he looks like you or not from this pic but he is so cute!!! And so were you :)

Awww thanks ladies. That's true. I was just thinking at the 16w scan he looked EXACTLY like a mini me of SO. He was still moping about it by the time we went to bed lol.

With dd2 she looked exactly like dd1 but when she came out she looked so different that I had a hard time believing she was mine , it was weird I felt like I didn't even know this little stranger..

I do think you look EXACTLY the same. I'm not sure if that will still be the case or not - kids' looks change sooo much so quickly. My oldest looked exactly like me at birth (if I were a little alien baby), but he kept going from looking like me to looking like OH and just back and forth. He's 5 now and definitely favors me, but who knows what he'll look like later on? My second looked like OH since birth and has my face shape but looks EXACTLY like OH otherwise. It's crazy. He got ONE physical attribute from me, and that's it. lol. I did all that work for an almost-clone of OH. ;) ;) ;)

With dd2 she looked exactly like dd1 but when she came out she looked so different that I had a hard time believing she was mine , it was weird I felt like I didn't even know this little stranger..

This was similar to my experience.

On scans she looked really like my OH, everyone commented on it. On her final 2d growth scan we got a face on view and she looked like me.

When she was born, she didn't look like her scan pics. I was actually in shock when I saw her as she looked so different to how I imagined her to look.

By about a week old she was her daddy's double. By about 4 months she started to look more like me, right through to recently (18m) and now she is the double of my sister.

Even now, she switches based on her facial expression. It's great to see how she changes!

My youngest two are half white half Filipino and it is wild to hear what people say about who they look like... most say they look like my husband, but some say they look just like me. I think it depends what part of the face people tend to focus on.

I made a photo collage to show how much they've changed since birth. Our first together, Koah, came out looking so much like his dad, and now everyone says he looks so much like me, plus he has porcelain white skin now! Zephyr also looks so different already than when he was born.. again everyone says he looks like his dad but I dont agree, I think Zephyr looks more like me and Koah looks more like his dad lol. I can also take pictures of my boys from different angles on the same day and they almost don't look like the same kid.

Your baby boy's ultrasound does look a whole lot like your baby picture! Only time will tell once he is born, it changes so much! Either way you know he will be gorgeous 😊 but I think there is a good chance his daddy will see more of himself in there as time goes on.

Attachments

• IMG_2017-05-09_15-17-30.jpg
    IMG_2017-05-09_15-17-30.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2017-05-09_16-07-26.jpg
    IMG_2017-05-09_16-07-26.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
Awww I love the collages! That's a good point. My cousin posts pictures of her two kids all the time, and I go back and forth (even on the same day) who they look like. We're both just scared about bonding. I already know he'll have a hard time bonding with a baby who doesn't necessarily interact back, so if he looked like SO then it might help. I also hated the way I looked as a baby hahaha. To the point that I used to joke that ugly babies make cute adults.

I totally get that. I had a hard time bonding with our first (my second) but I think it was because he went to the NICU and I didnt allow myself to worry about it, i just blocked it out.. he also cried a LOT because of digestive issues and I just tried to get by. My husband, however bonded with him instantly and had trouble bonding with our newest. I didn't admit my trouble bonding until recently because i didnt want to sound like I couldn't handle it but that was dumb because talking about it was the only thing that helped.

I couldn't help but feel broken hearted when my husband told me he felt depressed and wasnt bonding with baby 3 because i felt totally different, but talking about it has helped both of us. Just try to keep communication open and watch for the ppd signs for both of you, daddies can get it too. I also now point out everything he is good at and it makes him feel like a better dad.. i have him do the swaddle all the time and burp him because he does it better, and Zephyr loves to just stare at him and listen to his voice so I always make a big deal about how sweet it is. I think he just needs to feel needed.

Yeah, I know everyone says once your baby is born you just magically fall in love and society makes moms feel guilty when that's not the case. I know a lot of moms who didn't fall immediately in love. I'm hoping some immediate skin to skin will help, but we'll see. Some days I feel like I love him and others I'm like omg bump go awaaaaay. But SO doesn't want to be in the room for delivery/ until baby is clean, so he's likely going to miss the first hour of skin to skin. He said, "So? As long as I'm next in line to hold my son it's cool." r_r

PPD scares me. I have anxiety and depression naturally, and they have subsided a lot during pregnancy. So I'm terrified once I have baby, I'll fall back into depression.

Yeah, I know everyone says once your baby is born you just magically fall in love and society makes moms feel guilty when that's not the case. I know a lot of moms who didn't fall immediately in love. I'm hoping some immediate skin to skin will help, but we'll see. Some days I feel like I love him and others I'm like omg bump go awaaaaay. But SO doesn't want to be in the room for delivery/ until baby is clean, so he's likely going to miss the first hour of skin to skin. He said, "So? As long as I'm next in line to hold my son it's cool." r_r

PPD scares me. I have anxiety and depression naturally, and they have subsided a lot during pregnancy. So I'm terrified once I have baby, I'll fall back into depression.

With my second-born, I did NOT have that immediate bond. My OH did... They've been inseparable since his birth, and I really do appreciate it... but with my other three, the bond was immediate and INTENSE. The only difference with my second-born was that my OH lied to me and totally broke my heart while I was already going through PPD for the second time... and I might just resent my baby for it. The other difference was that I was unable to nurse my second-born. I nursed my others. My second-born and I are SUPER close now, but we have to be intentional to bond with one another. I put extra effort into him and give him extra hugs and kisses. For some reason, I feel like every time he gives me a tight hug, I like him a little more. :) And of course I love them all the same.

As for PPD, just don't mess with it. If you or anyone around you see any of the symptoms, get it treated immediately. I had it soooooo badly with my first-born and was in denial, but my OH was able to tell my OB that I had it and got me the help that I needed. I felt better almost immediately after starting treatment (Zoloft).

I definitely denied my ppd with my 2nd born and i wish I had just told my husband so he could have helped me.. i still dont like to admit that I had borderline psychosis with it, I kept telling myself "if it gets worse ill tell him..." :dohh:
I have had bad depression and anxiety and ocd issues my whole life too and with my first baby I didn't even have the baby blues, just soo much amazing love. I really didnt see it coming with baby 2, after all, with my first I was a single mom hiding from the stalking scary birth father, dealing with a physically abusive boyfriend, and then with my second 4-5 years later, married to a wonderful man, planned baby.. i definitely thought if i didnt have it the first time then the second would be just as amazing. It's good you are prepared for the idea of it, it happens and is just as normal :) the denial makes it way worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"