Competative family member

cs22

Mum and ttc# 2
Reaction score
This is gonna sound weird because i think its weird too. A family member of mine is pregnant. Shes due around 6-8 weeks after me. Shes ever so competative its weird. She compares bump sizes all the time. She wants to have a bigger bump than me now. She is determined to give birth before me. She dismisses everything that happens to me in my pregnancy and then says its happened to her even more. If i have braxton hicks, the day after she knows this she reports that shes had them.

I find this a really unusual thing to do. This is my first baby and im just happy that my baby boy is healthy and growing well. Im not interested in her petty games, they just annoy me. She already has a child and this will be her second. I wouldve expected better of her.

Does anyone else have someone like this ?

Yes I have to say I know someone a bit like this lol.

yes i do too and its frigging annoying. i feel like everything i do i.e private scans etc she trys to do one better. i just grin and bear it. you will get people like that. just wait til your babies are here she'll be even worse hun it will be my baby sat up before yours or mine smiled before yours etc i also have a friend who would constantly boast how well her baby was doing compared to mine. x

Haha yes, my bfs cousins partner! Just gotta ignore her...
She wants her baby to come before yours, 6-8 weeks early, wow lol!

Wow, that must be annoying!

Is she a nervous kind of person? I know you said it's her second child so you'd think she'd be a bit more relaxed, but I've noticed before that when people are very nervous or scared, they can get competitive about what's going on. On a health forum I use, people often start discussing their treatment and they're usually saying how their choice or their doctor is so great compared to others, even though they also say their side effects are worse than everybody else's! Seems illogical but I think it's just people's way of reassuring themselves that things are going to be fine. Maybe it's that... or maybe she's just weird ;)

Someone I know was totally like that with her SIL when they were both pg. I think she was annoyed that her SIL had got pg before her. She likes attention too so she maybe felt like with her being second to experience everything then it would be old news and nobody would care. 'Tis quite strange behaviour though.

Urgh that would drive me insane :grr: It's lovely to have someone you know who is pregnant at the same time but only to share things with, not compete with! And wanting her baby first when she's due so many weeks after is just wrong! x

Pregnancy brings out the worst in people i have some one like that whos never even been pregnant haha go figuire eh!!!!!!!

Best thing you can do is rise above it and enjoy your pregnancy xx

I have someone like that too! My OH's sister is due the exact same day as me...and I totally feel as tho everytime I mention anythin to do with my pregnancy...she has one better!! God help us if we do go into labour on the same day!! She'll be trying to out-scream me!

Ive just been trying to ignore all the wee comments but after a while it gets tiring! Ive now just decided to avoid seeing her!

Urgh that would drive me insane :grr: It's lovely to have someone you know who is pregnant at the same time but only to share things with, not compete with! And wanting her baby first when she's due so many weeks after is just wrong! x

I know. I dont know why she is acting like this. It annoys the hell out of me. She is too competative for her own good. I dont know why she cant just be happy and get on with it instead of acting like a complete b:witch:. One day she might actually grow up :rofl:

Aww hun, how annoying, that would drive me up the wall, all I can say is try and ignore her, hopefully she will get fed up, stay strong, take care :hugs: XX

My sister in law is exactly the same!!!! She has two boys (3 and 2) and concieved with zero problems. It took DH and me 3.5 years to conciever our first little boy!!!! She has an IUD in place and as soon as they got the news that I was FINALLY expecting, she wanted to go to the dr. and have her IUD removed!!! The dr wouldn't do it because federal assistance put it in and she tried to stress me out to the point of losing my baby. She would get on IM and say things like she was going to kill herself...blah blah blah....I eventually blocked her. Good thing James will never have to meet her as her and my brother have gone separate ways. I know that is harsh to say especially with kids involved, but when you teach a 3 year old to curse out his younger brother or you take off for 2 days and no one (not even YOUR babies) know where you are, then you are much better without the "so called mother". Oops, you got me started ;). Some people are so stupid and annoying.

My sister in law is exactly the same!!!! She has two boys (3 and 2) and concieved with zero problems. It took DH and me 3.5 years to conciever our first little boy!!!! She has an IUD in place and as soon as they got the news that I was FINALLY expecting, she wanted to go to the dr. and have her IUD removed!!! The dr wouldn't do it because federal assistance put it in and she tried to stress me out to the point of losing my baby. She would get on IM and say things like she was going to kill herself...blah blah blah....I eventually blocked her. Good thing James will never have to meet her as her and my brother have gone separate ways. I know that is harsh to say especially with kids involved, but when you teach a 3 year old to curse out his younger brother or you take off for 2 days and no one (not even YOUR babies) know where you are, then you are much better without the "so called mother". Oops, you got me started ;). Some people are so stupid and annoying.

Why do they do it :shrug: Thats terrible :hugs:

Yep there are loads of people like this. We haven't told a couple we know that i am expecting yet as she is due 2 weeks before me and i know that this is exactly what would happen and i cant be arsed with it. I'd rather just get on with it. They live round the corner as well i am surprised we haven't bumped into each other yet lol. We also fell out big time (long story but she was saying she had 11 miscarriages in a year - not something to joke about and that she couldn't have kids cos she was RH neg and she started playing me and DH off against eachother) but i know this would give her an excuse to start bothering us again as when it was getting close to our wedding i was mad busy with plans and sorting everything out and she started hassling me to go to her hen do which was 5 months away. This was 2 years ago and her wedding is this august?? Go figure. Then again she had a baby shower at 8 weeks pregnant as well so that tells you a lot about her.

Honestly, if you're planning on buying anything don't let her know in advance. I know someone just like this and it continues now the LOs are here.

OMFG.

That would drive me UP THE FRIGGEN WALL!!!! I can't stand people like that, they annoy the hell outta me. I don't know anyone like that right, but I've worked with some. My friend and I would make stuff up, to see if she would try to 'one up' me. Have some fun with it! hahaha.....

it sounds just like my sis i had a son she hates kids but had a girl coz she could see my mum and dad giving lods to him 1st granchild. I seid last yr we was getting wed next wk she was geting wed and doing it asap she allways seid she would never get wed. she did say any thing else about geting wed then i told mum and dad i was preg she seid o i will start geting thing ready now and she is geting wed 8wks after iam due and expeccts (sp) me to fit in a dress that she is gunna get befor i have bubs. people like this need to get a life. she will come bak after a few month and be preg agane i cn just see it very sad and shes older than me iam 25 she is 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->