Complete terror

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm back on the boards after I left in early February having had an absolutely devastating mmc, baby passed at 9 weeks I found out at 11 (still had symptoms, found out only through scan).
I have been to the bottom since then and really had days where I just wanted to die. However I have worked hard to stay afloat and found out three weeks ago I'm pregnant again, 7+4 by dates, 7+1 by an ultrasound I had (saw heartbeat). Of course I feel so grateful to be pregnant but this pregnancy has been pure fear and over precaution... until earlier when I stupidly gave into my stupid hormones and I had an orgasm. That was around six hours ago and I have had contraction-type feelings ever since then. They haven't really let up. Now I'm in floods of tears, inconsolable by my husband and convinced I'm facing going through it all again.
They're not cramps as such, they don't feel like period pains - they feel more like braxton hicks (I know from my first, successful pregnancy). My uterus just feels very very tight and pulled, almost as if I could feel it hard if I pressed with my hand (I can't feel anything with my hand, assume it's too early).
I just don't know what to do and I really need some honest answers - please be truthful. Could the orgasm have put this pregnancy at risk? I can't even get an emergency scan until Tuesday at the earliest as my son has an important medical appointment tomorrow. I'm a mess here.

Hi sweetie. I, too was worried about orgasming while pregnant. I did tons of research on the subject and have found nothing that suggests it is dangerous. In fact, everything I read actually said it's HEALTHY for the baby. Something about how endorphins (the feel-good hormones) are released in the blood stream and the baby gets them. Also the increased blood supply to the uterus is good for little bean. It is also very normal to experience some cramping afterwards. I definitely do after I orgasm.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease!

People still have sex while pregnant.

NOTHING you do will cause you to lose this baby.

Most miscarriages are caused by a chromosomal abnormality - there's nothing you can do about that! I know it's hard to think positively when experience has taught you not to but hang in there. Seeing a HB is a very encouraging sign.

Hi your completely fine it's normal for cramps to happen after sex and orgasms during pregnancy my hormones were through the roof with ds2 he's now a 2 year old walking around my bedroom cloping around in my boots. Relax and enjoy the pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->