Completely confused...

amylou34

Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm new to the forum but am hoping to find someone in the same situation as myself. My fiancé and I decided to start ttc in September. I have been off the pill for over 6 months and have had a regular 28 day cycle since I was 12. I am now 25. Anyway, we began trying during my ovulation phase. The tww came and went, my period never came and all I ended up with was negative hpts. I then spotted for a couple of days very lightly but still no period. We continued to try and my period was due Saturday just gone...and a big fat nothing so far. I've just been to the doctors and he took another urine test...big fat nothing again. He's said I'm definitely not pregnant and that my periods could have stopped due to a change in the weather...first I've heard that one. Im booked in for a blood test on Friday but am at a complete loss at what's wrong with me.I've been having what I thought were pregnancy symptoms, nausea, lower back pain, spots etc. I'm being made to feel like it's all in my head but I know there's something not right with me. Help!

Xxx

Hi guys
I'm new to the forum but am hoping to find someone in the same situation as myself. My fiancé and I decided to start ttc in September. I have been off the pill for over 6 months and have had a regular 28 day cycle since I was 12. I am now 25. Anyway, we began trying during my ovulation phase. The tww came and went, my period never came and all I ended up with was negative hpts. I then spotted for a couple of days very lightly but still no period. We continued to try and my period was due Saturday just gone...and a big fat nothing so far. I've just been to the doctors and he took another urine test...big fat nothing again. He's said I'm definitely not pregnant and that my periods could have stopped due to a change in the weather...first I've heard that one. Im booked in for a blood test on Friday but am at a complete loss at what's wrong with me.I've been having what I thought were pregnancy symptoms, nausea, lower back pain, spots etc. I'm being made to feel like it's all in my head but I know there's something not right with me. Help!

Xxx

Hi and welcome...maybe it was IB...that usually would occur on or around the time of AF...and if that is the case..u wldnt be able to detect the hcg untill after IB...so wait untill the bloodtest...that should be ample amount of time for the hormone to show...
Praying AF stays away and u r preggers!!ttyl!

I think it would be too late for IB but who knows? My GP has completely given up on me. It's so disheartening  it just seems to coincidental that the tome we stop using protection this happens. Am getting married in 4 weeks so everyone keeps saying I'm stressed but I'm not stressed about anything everything's planned and all I have to do now is sit back and relax!

Xxx

I dont want to be negative I was on the pill for years and we decided to ttc. came off pill had my period for three months no problem. then nothing for two months. I had blood tests and everything then at three months af arrived. I know its different to six months of a regular cycle but sometimes the hormones from the pill takes ages to leave the system. if that is what has happened to you then good news is when you get af least you will be back to normal. but to make sure I would get a blood test maybe see another doctor as urine tests are not 100 percent but the blood test is. I hope you do get your bfp but just thought I should tell you as when it happened to me I kept thinking if I was not pregnant that there must have been something wrong me. ask for the blood test at least it will put your mind at rest. good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->