completely OT

mumtobeoct10

1st trimester
Reaction score
Im back to work 1st of April can my boss TELL me wen to take summer hols....even tho I am the only 1 she is doing this to in the whole company

i wouldnt have thought he could do this soz cudnt really help didnt wanna read and run
xx

No definately not. Its ur right to chose when to take holiday!

uhh no. you can be told when you cant take them but you cant be told you have to take them here here and here. unless its the end of the year and you have to be allocated holiday x

Questions to ask are:
1. Are you DEFINITELY the only one being subjected to this?
2. If so, why ie is it due to you having been on maternity? Are you the only one there that has been on maternity recently?

If the different treatment is due to this then there are potentially issues under the Equality Act. Different and unfair treatment due to maternity is prohibited. I would speak to local CAB who can give you some definite advice. I'm not great on employment law but I do know the Equality Act prohibitsit

Doh! Just saw that you live in Ireland so not sure if Equality Act applies but I would have thought you would have anti-discriminatory legislation that prohibit this.

I wouldn't have thought that they would be able to tell you when to take hols - I know where i work we can't take hols june-sept - but thats written into our contract - but i have not heard of telling people they HAVE to take their hols at a certain time - try looking on the NERA website - its an employment website for Ireland
good luck x

Hey girls yes im def the only one ......and itd just the latest with her in the form of bullying.......every other year I could take em anytime from may to Aug.....within reason......and the worse thing is the owner and ny boss are best friends ....

Last time something happened in work ( she pinned me against a wall in a fit of anger) and the owner said I probably deserved it.....thats the shite work environment I am in and its only me and my boss in the lab nobody elsr

Hey girls yes im def the only one ......and itd just the latest with her in the form of bullying.......every other year I could take em anytime from may to Aug.....within reason......and the worse thing is the owner and ny boss are best friends ....
Last time something happened in work ( she pinned me against a wall in a fit of anger) and the owner said I probably deserved it.....thats the shite work environment I am in and its only me and my boss in the lab nobody elsr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->