complicated miscarraige, anyone been through the same??

needsomeanswe

Reaction score
This is quite a long one so sorry I'll be as brief and to the point as possible. I was 11 weeks pregnant and started to spot on christmas day. Attended A&E boxing day to be told to wait until the Tuesday for a scan. The miscarraige occured on sunday evening before the scan and was extremely painfull and I lost a huge amount of blood and clots, my husband called an ambulance and I was admitted. Scanned the next day by a consultant who confirmed the miscarraige, told me it was complete and to go home. Woke up at 3am the next morning in so much pain I was hitting my head against a wall to try to distract myself, back into hospital via ambulance, scanned again and some prg tissue was seen, but told this would pass on its own. Approx 4 days later (now 10 days after miscarraige) I started to notice an odour, I attended my GP surgery where the GP took swabs as could be sign of infection, whilst she was there she took 3 peices of placenta tissue out from the neck of my cervix, but still told to wait. Approx week later I was still bleeding constantly and I contacted the hospital, scanned again and again told to go as the tissue would probably make its own way out, but to go back again in 2 weeks. One week later my husband contacted the hospital to make a complaint - I was still bleeding, they got me in again, again saw some tissue remaining and offered me chemical tablets to remove what was remaining. I continued to bleed for 2 weeks. I would ring the hospital and be told to go away until it reached 2 weeks post tablets. I had another scan where I was told there was nothing left and that the pregnancy test had now for the first time turned negative - so no more tissue. I was told to expect to bleed for a further 7 - 10 days. The bleeding, whilst constant was not heavy and only required a panty liner. 8 days later I had heavier bleeding and clots than the miscarraige even - no pain but I lost a considerable amount of blood. Got an emergency GP appointment as the fetal ward point blank refused to see me as they said this is now not their responsibility as my preg test was neg. The GP prescribed trani(something) acid to stop bleeding. This didnt work and so 4 days later prescribed norethiserone as they thought it could be hormonal. on 8/2/10 I passed a 2.5 cm lump of tissue that looked like nothing else that had come out of me. I attended hospital and was told they had seen nothing like this, it has since gone off to biopsy and I have been told this is the inner lining of my uterus. I was told to come off the norethisterone and had withdrawl blled lasting 6 days starting 10/2. I had not had a period since however after intercourse had small amount of blood and some old blood brown discharge a week later. I am now 4 days late for this period which I was told by consultant should be on time.

I am absolutely lost, confused, angerd and extremely concerned about my future fertility. Can anyone help or advise? I dont want sympathy, just need some answers, can anyone help me?:wacko:

I wish i did have some answers for you, you have certainly been put though it, and the care (bad word) you have received sounds awful.

Have you done any more HPT's recently?

That sounds awful, I'm so sorry hun. :hugs:

I had a rough time after my MC too, if you look through my old charts you will see my cycles were crazy until July, my loss was in March.
I thought the bleeding was never going to stop!
The worst day was when I had a flood bleed in the middle of asda on a bank holiday monday, I was soaked from the waist down with blood & my pants were full of blood clots, it was so embarrassing & very scarey.
Everything did settle down eventually tho, but it took a while.
I passed a large lump of firm tissue about 4 1/2 months after the initial miscarriage (got stuck in my cervix like you) but after this I seemed to be much better. My next AF had some more small lumpy bits of tissue in.
I had a long cycle next, but after that things became quite regular again.
I'd say about 6 months in total from the date of the loss until my cycles were normal.

My GP & gyne were also unsympathetic, I'm sure they thought I was making it up! lol

I hope they can sort this out for you soon, the biopsy should shed some light on things.

Sending lots of :hug: :hugs:

I wish I did have answer... I just didn't want to read and run. It sounds like your treatment was awful... like its not hard enough to go through a MC that they should treat people like rubbish in during the whole process. I'm also curious if you've taken a test recently now that you're late?

Yep, taken about 20! I think I know that they will be neg for sometime, so resolved today, not to take anymore for a while.

I know it's probably not helpful, but I didn't get my first AF after my MMC in Dec. I had to take Provera to bring it on... but things seem to be more on track again now. Can you maybe get something to bring it on? If you didn't ovulate or had a weak ovulation, it could explain the lack of a period now.

I dont understand why they didnt give you better care.

I can offer you :hugs:

Sorry for your loss.

AF can be out of sync for a while after a mc, so i'm afraid it looks like you just nee to sit tight and wait for her. may be worth checking you are ov'ing once she does return, as ov can also get messed up after a mc. f you start tracking at least you will know when you ov when the time comes around if you want to try again
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"