Complicated question all to do with estrogen levels lol!

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by SpudsMama, Jan 31, 2011.

1. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

Hi everyone, sorry about the non stop questions lately!

I test my saliva using an ovulation microscope which detects estrogen levels. Up to ovulation it worked perfectly. It went from non fertile, to partial, two days of full ferning, then back to non fertile again after ovulation had passed.

But on 5 dpo I suddenly had full on ferning again! I read we have a secondary estrogen surge at some point in our luteal phase. So when it had gone back to non fertile again at 6 dpo I just put it down to that.

Now I'm on 8 dpo and I've suddenly got partial ferning again! It's too early for AF to arrive, surely?? But I can't have two secondary estrogen surges can I??

Also noticed a tiny little blob of ewcm this morning as well, and that's caused by higher estrogen levels too.

Has anyone got any insight into this? lol soooooo confused!!!

Baby dust :) xx

2. xsadiex

xsadiex Well-Known Member

I think I've heard somewhere on a previous post that because of the surge of estrogen you can get ewcm again without ovulating. That's all I know, sorry didnt want to read and run. x