Conceiving w/ late ovulation -- increased risk of birth defects?

cl86

Reaction score
Hello ladies, first time poster here desperately hoping to get some insight/advice.

I am really upset and freaked out right now. I read some conflicting information online about whether conceiving w/ late ovulation (particularly CD 20+) is associated with an increased likelihood of birth defects. I ovulated really late this cycle (CD 24 or 25), and I'm 3-4 days late for my period (currently CD 42, I typically have a 14-day luteal phase, but HPTs are still showing negative).

I was wondering if any of you have conceived w/ late ovulation and if there were any negative effects on your ability to carry to term and/or the health of your child? Or if you could just share any thoughts or knowledge you have about this issue? Sadly, I wasn't aware about the potential increased risk of birth defects associated with late ovulation when we were trying earlier this cycle, and now I don't know what to think and am beating myself up.

For some add'l background info, I'm 31 y/o w/ lean PCOS. My cycles have ranged anywhere from 28 to 39 days in the past year.

Please help if you can! It would be much appreciated. Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->