Conception after copper coil

Daisydonut

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!!

Newbie here TTC #2 and rather nervous.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience when it comes to TTC after removal of the copper coil? How long did it take you?
I had mine removed on 2nd June after having it for 3 years.
Can I expect my cycles to stay the same? They have been pretty regular throughout.

I have DD who is almost 6 and she was a wonderful surprise so the whole TTC situation is very new to me.

TIA x

I had mine out in January and still not pregnant yet. Not sure if that's because of the coil though. One thing I have noticed since having it removed is a lot more cramping during the luteal phase of my cycle than I used to have pre-paraguard.

I had my copper coil for 5 years. Came out end of July 2017 - my period was really light/short in August, then 12 days late in September (possible chemical as I had a line on test then period started the next day) then I found out I was pregnant in October and am currently 36 weeks with baby.

I don’t think the coil had any affect on my cycle although did read a few horror stories. Only took 2 months to conceive (we didn’t really try in August) although, we got pregnant with our first whilst on the pill so perhaps hubby has super sperm :winkwink:

Good luck!

My coil fell out after a few days and I got pregnant that same cycle but it wasn’t in long x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->