Conception when Using Agnus Castus

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bluecathy1978, Aug 29, 2009.

1. bluecathy1978

bluecathy1978 Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels

Hi girls!!

I was wondering if any of you here used agnus castus to help you get pregnant?

I was using it for 4 weeks and I swear it is what made me pregnant!!

I have terribly irregular periods so I never knew when or even if I ovulated. When I was younger and a bit slimmer I always knew when I was ovulating but as I put on weight then I never got any of the symptoms and my period always took me by suprise!! I also used opks and never detected anything.

Anyway, as it is called nature's clomid I was wondering if there is an increased risk of a multiple pregnancy as there is with clomid??

Just really curious as when I go for a scan and there are 2 little beans in there I want to be prepared!!! :haha:

Cathy xxx (how many weeks am I? I haven't a clue!!)

2. v2007

v2007 Well-Known Member

I used it for 8 weeks after havin only 3 cycles in 8 months, fell on wth Katie after i started using it in May 08, got my BFP in Aug 08.

V xxx

3. smokey

smokey Mummy to a monkey

i used it just before i feel pregnant after trying for 8 years and had pcos for 12 years, i only had a cycle once about every 6 months.
    Not sure if it made a difference seen as i only got to take it for a week before i became pregnant but somthing diffinetly kicked in.

So far it doesnt look like a multiple pregnancy but that doesnt stop me teasing hubby saying it still could be :)

4. Fiore

Fiore Well-Known Member

Where can I get some of this miracle stuff from???

5. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

I tried this last year, took it for one month and had such a bad allergic reaction to it! I was off work for three weeks! It's definitely made me think twice about taking natural remedys, but glad it seems to have worked it's magic on all of you x

6. bluecathy1978

bluecathy1978 Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels

I used kira Agnus castus which you can buy from boots. It is £7.99 for 30 tablets.

It is not as strong as the stuff from holland and barret so I guess thats why I didnt have any side effects.

I did try a tincture a couple of years ago and it made me sick, gave me headaches and made me bleed quite a lot :(

7. twinkletoes80

twinkletoes80 Pregnant with my first

Yes yes yes!! I used it as I have PCOS and it definitely helped get me pregnant. I saw a homeopath who put me on an agnus castus blend, I took it in tincture form for 3 months (til I ran out) Then I had a period 10 days after coming off it, then ovulated and conceived.
    I really think the herbs you buy on the high street arent as good quality as they should be so try and see a qualified herbalist/homeopath xx

8. Miss-Boo

Miss-Boo Well-Known Member

I used it as soon as I came off the pill. my cycle went back to normal and I got pregnant first time trying! I also used the clear blue fertility monitor