Concerned about 8 week scan with retroverted uterus

jtr2803

Reaction score
As per title really. I found out at my pelvic scan in October that I have a retroverted uterus but I'm not sure how severe. I've booked a scan with the same centre for beginning of January but forgot to mention this when I booked.

I've read quite a lot of threads on various forums of ladies who haven't been able to see baby due to this, or being dated at least a week less due to where baby is positioned and its making me a little nervous.

I'm guessing I should still go and hopefully we will see something even if they need to do trans vaginally. I'm just worried we might not see anything and I'll be in a bit of a state.

Any experiences?

I have a retroverted uterus. With my first pg, the first U/S was around 9 weeks, and there was no trouble getting a clear picture of a very obvious baby measuring 9 weeks. I had one at around 6 weeks this time, and doctor was able to see amniotic sac, yolk sac, baby (elongated blob measuring 6 weeks), and little heartbeat flash all with abdominal scan. Everyone's experience is different though, especially with what you see around 6 weeks, so don't worry if yours is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"