Concerned about my hcg

I had my scan on Monday, we saw a heart beat and they said everything was normal :happydance: it's just a case of a day at a time now until midwife books my 12 week scan :thumbup:

Thank you for all the advice and replies :flower:

I missed the intial post but I'm happy to see everything is going well! :)

Thanks Crystal, congratulations to you on your bfp :flower:

Glad you're on track to have a healthy baby.

Congrats!

Awwh glad to see it went well. I hope my ending is like yours.
I have another scan tomorrow as mine are not doubling.
sunday 1500
Monday scan showed empty sac just under 5 weeks
tuesday 2350
Thursday 3260

So not even nowhere near doubling :( had a loss in august and petrified of losinf this one too as hospital has told me I probably will, its just a matter of when :(

Thanks Stacey, sorry to hear you're going through it too :hugs:

My numbers looked very similar to yours, when I had my first scan I was 5 weeks 2 days and they just saw an empty sac which she said would have been 4 weeks so well behind where I thought I was, everything had caught up by the next scan exactly 2 weeks later. I have found out now that they hcg doesn't necessarily have to double, but ideally a 60% increase every 2 days, what is your next plan? have they scheduled in another scan for you or are they still doing bloods?

Sorry I realised you already said you have a scan tomorrow, I will be rooting for you, good luck :hugs:

Thanks Stacey, sorry to hear you're going through it too :hugs:

My numbers looked very similar to yours, when I had my first scan I was 5 weeks 2 days and they just saw an empty sac which she said would have been 4 weeks so well behind where I thought I was, everything had caught up by the next scan exactly 2 weeks later. I have found out now that they hcg doesn't necessarily have to double, but ideally a 60% increase every 2 days, what is your next plan? have they scheduled in another scan for you or are they still doing bloods?

Yeah thats exactly my worry...from 2350 I only rose by 38% in 48hrs :(
So not very good!
im trying to be positive and think that all will be okay and my numbers are just not good and the scan will show a yolk sac tomorrow...but its very hard.
so scan tomorrow at 10.20am. Nervous as hell but atleast im prepared for another loss. Will keep updated x

Bless you it's so traumatic going through this, I really do have everything crossed for you :hugs:

Thankyou
the only hope I have is that I went googling as you do...and someone had slow rising levels and each time they only rose by 37-39% and doctors were sure she would miscarry...after a few posts she went to update that her levels never rose any higher BUT was also 13weeks and all going great. So I guess miracles do happen x

They really do, that's such a good news story, I really hope that's the same for you :hugs:

They really do, that's such a good news story, I really hope that's the same for you :hugs:

Well I had my scan this morning and happy to report GOOD news :)
Last week was an empty sac and today I am showing a yolk sac and fetal pole :) so happy and relieved. I know im not out of the woods yet so I have another scan in two weeks and shud see that little heartbeat :)

Stacey that really is such good news I'm made up for you, what a similar situation to mine, fingers crossed for your next scan, let me know how you're getting on :hugs:

Thankyou :)
At first I was worried because she said ur measuring under 5 weeks and I said why is that as on mondays scan I was measuring under 5 weeks. But she just said its perfectly normal as they dont date pregnancy by the sac its the embyro they measure. So hopefuly in two weeks I should be around 7 weeks n a few days :)

That's exactly what happened to me, she said it would have been about a 4 week sac when I was actually 5 weeks 2 days, but then exactly 2 weeks later I measured 7 weeks 2 days with a heart beat so to be honest early scans often cause more stress

Ah thats a relieve to hear.
but with my scans being on monday and today would my sac not of gone up by 6 days or can it stay the same for abit?
Hope Im measuring 7+ in two weeks :) think thats my next worry now lol.

I don't really know, it seems to vary so much from person to person, a lot of people I know have seen yolk sacs at my stage when all I saw was an empty sac, the wait will be tough but hang in there, keep yourself distracted and the time will pass :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->