Condom safety

Phoenix725

Reaction score
So, my husband and I just received our very first BFP! We went through our second attempt at in vitro and it worked beautifully.

Now, the reason we needed IVF was that my husband was diagnosed early this year with cancer and we had to freeze sperm before he started chemo. I got to thinking last night as he was trying to get a little sumthin-sumthin, I need think about safety for the baby. He's still taking chemotherapy pills 5 days a month, and obviously I don't want that in my system. But I don't know what condoms with spermicide would do to the baby, either.

I know ours is a bit of an uncommon situation, but I wonder if anyone could make any suggestions for a sage kind of condom to use for the next 9 months?

Thanks ladies!

Katie

I'm not an expert by I should imagine any condom would be fine as long as you don't have an allergy. Some people continue to use them throughout pg for cleanliness or maybe a semen allergy, etc. I should imagine that if there were risks it would say on the box and be well publicised.
Baby is well sealed into your uterus and well protected. Infections like thrush don't tend to penetrate through to where the baby is, vaginal infections tend to pose an increased risk in terms of passing on during labour or causing complications (certain ones).
I would say go for the condoms you like best xxxxx

The condom won't harm the baby. I only harms spermatogenesis. But your cervix closes and glues shut when you conceive so nothings getting up there. Congratulations x

I meant sperm. Silly phone I don't even know what that word means lol

I meant sperm. Silly phone I don't even know what that word means lol

Hahaha! And I'm here reading it thinking you sound so smart using big words like that that I don't know!!! :haha::haha:

Lol I wish I could use big words. But no its the phone that's smart xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"