Condom use to reduce infection risk

Phoeniix

Reaction score
My husband and I lost our baby three weeks ago.
Last Monday, I had a D&C for my baby who was 10 weeks, but stopped growing at 7.

We've agreed to wait a few cycles before trying to conceive, but holding off on sex is rough. Due to spotting and pain, we didn't have sex for a week prior to losing the baby, so it's been nearly a month. I'm desperate to be with him again. My bleeding has slowed to minor spotting, and I feel file. I was wondering if using condoms for sex (6 days after the surgery) would reduce the risk of infection? Or would using a condom not make a significant difference?

I am so sorry for your loss. I also had a D&C (at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 9) and I was told to hold off using tampons or having sex for two weeks after the operation to prevent infection. They even said to shower rather than bath for those 2 weeks as anything going up towards your cervix can cause infection - even soapy water. XX

I'm sorry for your loss. Using a condom will help prevent infection, but I'd still wait the recommended time just to be on the safe side. 2 weeks is sensible, some doctors say 10 days should do it...basically it's up to you. Condoms will definitely make it safer for you, though.

I miscarried at 4 weeks and the doc said to wait at least a month before trying due to risk of infection and I didn't even need a D&C. So, since you were further along and needed one, I think waiting the recommended amount of time is necessary. Good luck to you and I'm sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->