Confirmation needed

Aayla

TTC IUI #1
Reaction score
Brief history, although some of you may have seen me in the hpt gallery as well.

Basically at the end of a miscarriage cycle. Bleeding is still spotty. took a frer 2 days ago and blazing positive but assume it was ultra sensitive as a dollar store test (25miu) was barely positive and today dollar store was negative.

1st pic is of opk yesterday. "cd 15" Cycle day 1 was first day of miscarriage bleeding
2nd pic is from about 15 min ago. cd 16. I got my smiley opk last cycle on cd16. I have ovulated on cd17 for the last 2 cycles.

I don't normally ovulate on my own. I need femara but I know it's not unheard of for the body to kick start itself once it knows what it is doing. I have never got a positive opk in an anovulatory cycle.

1) I just want confirmation I am seeing what I am seeing

2) if we have sex tonight and tomorrow will it be enough to catch the egg. I have been at my mom's house sitting so we didn't do it on our regular schedule. There was no urgency since I was sure I wouldn't ovulate on my own.

Attachments

• cd15.jpg
    cd15.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 8
  • cd16.jpg
    cd16.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 12
I am by far no expert but from what I've read and researched, that first is neg but that 2nd definitely looks pos. Says has be as dark or darker and that test line is definitely darker than control line.

yeah. That's what I was sure of. I alwasy used digital so I didn't have to interpret but I didn't want to fork out the money since it was so unlikely for me to ovulate on my own. It's so exciting though. I will confirm with a blood test next monday.

That is a blazing positive opk! Hope you catch that sticky baby this time!

If I'm understanding this right, you had a positive hpt AND a positive opk? If you had a positive hpt, you would more than likely also get a positive opk too because opks can also pick up the same hormone the hpt checks for. This is what is so hard about ttc directly off a miscarriage. You never know if the opk is positive because it is picking up leftover hormones or if you are really ovulating. That being said, since you used a FRER that picks up pregnancy hormones before most other tests and the fact that you had a negative opk BEFORE a positive opk, I would assume that means you were ovulating when you took the second opk. To answer your second question, I have gotten preggers after having sex only once or twice so, yes, it is very possible to still be able to catch the egg. Good luck!

My doc said that it was possible for the frer to be blazing positive so soon after passing everything, they are more sensitive. But yes I got a negative pg test before the positive opk and when I got a positive pg test I got a negative opk. I took my last pg test today and very much bfn.
I started temping this morning again, so we shall see if I get the spike and the 3 day higher temps.
I will also be going for my 7dpo progesterone test next monday. Anyone know how progesterone falls. Will the miscarriage make the test inaccurate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->